XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

so uh they still planning to make Captain Marvel the leading face of the MCU?

pretty confident they dropped that idea when Spidy stayed in the MCU at the end of No Way Home and ms.marvel having the second-lowest amount of viewers for Disney plus marvel show

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Imagine actually trusting Sony with a Tom Holland Spider-Man movie, that’s a funny joke 

The Spider-Verse movies are some of best CBMs since The Dark Knight. It's not about the studio, it is about the talent behind the movies. The Raimi Spider-Man movies are also bangers.

TASM movies are junk and are not better than anything. Anyone who watched those awful Venom movies and Morbius and believes that Sony knows what they are doing is not being truthful. That being said, Feige has fell off. 11 years was an excellent run but he is floundering right now. No doubt Disney forcing those braindead chopped up movies er Disney Plus "shows" on him is helping exacerbate problems that were probably already there. I don't know what the future holds for Holland's Spider-Man because both Sony and Disney are dumpster fires right now. 

• Like 5

It'd be funny if Sony decided to take back Spiderman for no reason.Come one Amy Pascal lets get nuts.

We'd see people threating to sell their ps5s etc like that guy Manabyte.

Being serious though I think MCU will bounce back. ITs interesting that phase 4-5 have been a rollercoaster ride of sorts of one good project to one bad or at least mixed reception project and so on.

The Echo trailer seemed to have hyped up people and I did think even before the trailer I could turn out good despite the rumours. I am not buying the hype from just the trailer though.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to course correct. Iger,Feige already seem to have been starting the process post Quantumania.

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

TASM movies are junk and are not better than anything. Anyone who watched those awful Venom movies and Morbius and believes that Sony knows what they are doing is not being truthful. That being said, Feige has fell off. 11 years was an excellent run but he is floundering right now. No doubt Disney forcing those braindead chopped up movies er Disney Plus "shows" on him is helping exacerbate problems that were probably already there. I don't know what the future holds for Holland's Spider-Man because both Sony and Disney are dumpster fires right now. 

Disney’s greed for the Plus, mainly by Iger and Chapek has harmed each of the theatrical brands.

17 minutes ago, jking123 said:

It'd be funny if Sony decided to take back Spiderman for no reason.Come one Amy Pascal lets get nuts.

We'd see people threating to sell their ps5s etc like that guy Manabyte.

Being serious though I think MCU will bounce back. ITs interesting that phase 4-5 have been a rollercoaster ride of sorts of one good project to one bad or at least mixed reception project and so on.

The Echo trailer seemed to have hyped up people and I did think even before the trailer I could turn out good despite the rumours. I am not buying the hype from just the trailer though.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to course correct. Iger,Feige already seem to have been starting the process post Quantumania.

Kingpin is wildly popular, and he rules that trailer.  There's a reason Daredevil is the one character than came over to Disney from the Netflix shows - Daredevil/Kingpin was A+ material...as mentioned, when you have perfect casting (and both of them are), it's easy to make the material work...

29 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't know what the future holds for Holland's Spider-Man because both Sony and Disney are dumpster fires right now. 

That’s such an incredible overreaction on both fronts. But I guess that’s just how this industry works right? You’re just as good as your last project.

56 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

The Spider-Verse movies are some of best CBMs since The Dark Knight. It's not about the studio, it is about the talent behind the movies. The Raimi Spider-Man movies are also bangers.

love that people bring up spider-verse as the reason sony should take the live-action rights back despite the creative freedom animation brings and how fucking dog shit their live-action movies the past decade without marvel studios have been

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That’s such an incredible overreaction on both fronts. But I guess that’s just how this industry works right? You’re just as good as your last project.

I don't know what the future holds is an incredible overreaction to you? Okay.

Marvel did not just have one bad project. Secret Invasion and Ant-Man 3 were disasters. They are hit or miss now and The Marvels tracking is abysmal. Acting like their is no trouble in Marvel land is bizarre. Sony is Sony so I don't know why you are defending them. 

Sony has benefitted immensely from their deal with Marvel. I’m not so sure they’re gonna want to move away from it now. Mind you, I’m not entirely convinced that we’re actually getting another trilogy with Tom Holland. I don't even know if that’s something he wants to do. 

As for that whole thing about Captain Marvel being the new face of the MCU, supposedly the plan was for her, Black Panther and Spider-Man to be the new Marvel Trinity, but Chadwick Boseman dying threw a wrench in that.

Assuming the MCU doesn’t completely fall apart by then, I can imagine the MCU becoming more mutant-centric after the Multiverse Saga. Still, I’m not sure how they’ll go about introducing proper MCU versions of characters like Wolverine or Professor X. 

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

As for that whole thing about Captain Marvel being the new face of the MCU, supposedly the plan was for her, Black Panther and Spider-Man to be the new Marvel Trinity, but Chadwick Boseman dying threw a wrench in that.

And the Sony drama happened right after Far From Home so I'm guessing Feige felt less confident in setting up Spider-Man as one of the big three players in the MCU after that.

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't know what the future holds for Holland's Spider-Man because both Sony and Disney are dumpster fires right now. 

Lmfao zero way Spider-Man goes away. He's the biggest Marvel hero, and the last one was Sonys biggest movie of all time.

Anyway, apparently press were at the Echo premiere, which is pretty damn early especially for Television. Not too many press reactions I've found so far but here's Variety

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2

I'd rather Sony take back Spider-man, get on with the sinister six projects and potentially bring back Garfield for a TASM3 than to watch some whack movie about a team called Thunderbolts or a Armor Wars starring an Iron Man character hardly anyone cares for, and I do not care what any of you have to say about it.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

34 minutes ago, Nicson said:

starring an Iron Man character hardly anyone cares for, and I do not care what any of you have to say about it.

Is there any "hard" evidence about interest in the character introduced in Wakanda Forever? Marvel's really had a great track record launching characters placed in that situation. I don't think that's the character you're referencing but it's likely the more important one in projecting the film's box office potential. 

13 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Is there any "hard" evidence about interest in the character introduced in Wakanda Forever? Marvel's really had a great track record launching characters placed in that situation. I don't think that's the character you're referencing but it's likely the more important one in projecting the film's box office potential. 

I was referring to War Machine

16 hours ago, YM! said:

Tbh, I got Venom 3 and Cap 4 in the same 175-225m range. Unlike The Marvels, unless a similar first trailer response, there’s no evidence to believe FalCap has as much vitriol and you don’t need the show for the audiences because it was established in Endgame, Sam was Cap. I also think in most cases the Hulk stuff should be a saving grace even if it’s just a Red Hulk which would be more interesting than Hiddelston’s wife Kree and there’s some potential at least for kids about a black Cap. Think OS it’s kind of fucked due to racism, something like 150/300 on the low end and 225/500m range on the high end. Venom 3 unless they bring in Spider-Man, think will do about the same as usual, maybe a slight fall with audience fatigue.

Thunderbolts is dying though, thinking about the same as Marvels unless really good and even then no more than Eternals/Shang-Chi numbers. Suicide Squad beat it to the punch twice, there’s no figures apart from Sentry with splashy powers apart from Ghost and maybe Debiri if she plays Songbird, and even then I think the audience are getting tired of an Evil Superman shtick. Think it’s infeasible for it to be a Plus project due to contracts in place though.

The Marvels won't bomb because of "vitriol", it will bomb because people simply don't care about it. Similarly there's no reason for people to care about Captain America 4. Anthony Mackie has the charisma of a tree trunk, acts like a tree trunk, and Disney/Marvel seems to foolishly think sticking Harrison Ford besides him will solve all the problems. Right now they might not even be able to put Ford in the press junkie cause folks will just ask him about Indy V bombing. Like if they made Captain America 4 with a 150M budget then it earning 500M WW wouldn't be that awful, but we all know it's almost certain to have a 250M budget if not more than that with the direction they are going.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scytheavatar said:

The Marvels won't bomb because of "vitriol", it will bomb because people simply don't care about it. Similarly there's no reason for people to care about Captain America 4. Anthony Mackie has the charisma of a tree trunk, acts like a tree trunk, and Disney/Marvel seems to foolishly think sticking Harrison Ford besides him will solve all the problems. Right now they might not even be able to put Ford in the press junkie cause folks will just ask him about Indy V bombing. Like if they made Captain America 4 with a 150M budget then it earning 500M WW wouldn't be that awful, but we all know it's almost certain to have a 250M budget if not more than that with the direction they are going.   

Honestly, if Captain America (Sam) could reach 500M WW, I would consider that as a "win".

It's early but it doesn't to be a lot of interest on the character.