Skim Beeble

11/3-11/5 Weekend Thread

You could see the massive drop coming with the weak weekday numbers. FNAF was a movie made for fans and just isnt going to reach anyone else after opening weekend.

My local theater has 20 showtimes for FNAF and I was spot checking Friday and now Saturday and its basically playing to empty auditoriums....large auditoriums with 2-3 seats sold.

The Marvels looking to bomb the first two weekends of November are going to be bad.  

• Like 1

AbeizGc.jpg

Oppenheimer is enjoying a decent return to IMAX screens this weekend, even if it is only playing once or twice a day with KOTFM taking the other showtimes. This is the 6.30pm Saturday showing at Lincoln Square in NYC. The film should easily clear $200K if not more this weekend domestically. 

7 hours ago, LonePirate said:

AbeizGc.jpg

Oppenheimer is enjoying a decent return to IMAX screens this weekend, even if it is only playing once or twice a day with KOTFM taking the other showtimes. This is the 6.30pm Saturday showing at Lincoln Square in NYC. The film should easily clear $200K if not more this weekend domestically. 

Trying to finally get it over $325M DOM before we hit 2024.

FNAF hold is great for a teen horror movie after Halloween that you can watch for free on tv.

Its had an amazing and profitable run all off its 1st weekend.  Anything it adds DOM is gravy now...I mean, it passes Flash and Scream VI this weekend, making it the #1 domestic horror film and #20 highest domestic film of the year in just its 2nd weekend.  It should peter out above Turtles and possibly Puss and get to #18/19 on the year, which would have shocked most folks on Jan 1, 2023.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

FNAF hold is great for a teen horror movie after Halloween that you can watch for free on tv.

Its had an amazing and profitable run all off its 1st weekend.  Anything it adds DOM is gravy now...I mean, it passes Flash and Scream VI this weekend, making it the #1 domestic horror film and #20 highest domestic film of the year in just its 2nd weekend.  It should peter out above Turtles and possibly Puss and get to #18/19 on the year, which would have shocked most folks on Jan 1, 2023.

Was -80% “great” for Halloween Ends last year?

That’s all positive, and the opening weekend was terrific. But everything since has been horrible and it‘ll potentially have a record breaking second weekend drop.

Fifty Shades of Grey -73.9% is currently the worst drop for a film opening over $80m. Freddy’s would need $20.9m to avoid the new record.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

FNAF plunging insanely hard and having no staying power could be seen coming from miles away between essentially appealing to one demo (81% of its audience was in the 13-24 age range) that came out for the opening weekend, being available to watch at home at the same time, and Spooky Season now being over. Not that it matters since this is already very profitable.

Solid expansion for Priscilla.

Considering FNAF is (most likely) at the $100M+ domestic mark, I don't think being a "leggy" run really matters at this point. A shallow second-week drop would only really be needed if its opening weekend was much smaller, and while the day-and-date Peacock option probably hurt its box office, I still think its fair to characterize FNAF as a massive success for Universal and maybe its streaming service too lmao

Anecdotally, there are a lot of FNAF fans who signed up for Peacock just because it has this movie. I still really hope Universal goes theatrical only for the sequels though....