Skim Beeble

11/3-11/5 Weekend Thread

6 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

FNAF seems to have had a solid hold internationally. Peacock playing that big a reason? Maybe their just wasn't that fan rush to see it OW like there was domestic.

Man, I was not expecting an indie game franchise to be this popular abroad too. This movie is definitely on track to become Blumhouse's #1 grossing movie.

Side note: Is this going to out-gross The Marvels too??  :o 

17 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

FNAF seems to have had a solid hold internationally. Peacock playing that big a reason? Maybe their just wasn't that fan rush to see it OW like there was domestic.

It's more that it still had some fairly big markets to open in which softened the blow a bunch. Still wouldn't have been as bad a drop as the domestic one, however, but a bad drop nonetheless.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

Pretty good number for Priscila. The movie had a strong mid-week as Thursday (excluding preview) was almost as big as Sunday. A24 has proven again they know how to deliver in platform release. 

No CinemaScore, but Comscore/Screen Engine PostTrak audiences gave the Jacob Elordi and Cailee Spaeny movie a 71% positive and 50% recommend. Women attended at 67%, with 61% between 18-34 and the largest demo being the Euphoria Elordi 18-24 fans at 38%. Overall 75% were under 35. Diversity demos were 48% Caucasian, 33% Latino and Hispanic, 8% Black, and 12% Asian/other. Priscilla played best on the coasts, but was the strongest in the West.  Through Saturday, the Angelika in NY became the pic’s highest grossing theater in the nation with close to $23K. Friday was $1.9M, $450K of that coming from Thursday night previews.

People clearly watched Exorcist Dominion, thought that it was impossible to make a worse horror movie.

Then watched FNAF and realised it could, actually, get worse. Resulting in Exorcist not plummeting quite as one might have expected.

FNAF has clearly made its money and been a big success but surely they must look at the numbers and realise it could have been so much more if they'd made, y'know, an actually good film that appealed beyond the already captured. 

Taylor Swift with a fantastic hold. Anecdotally - yes, after watching those two garbage movies with my buddy twice in consecutive weeks and saying to each other "should have just gone to watch Taylor Swift" both times we ended up actually doing so both weeks. It has become a genuine option among non fans in the desert we're currently in. Especially after the Halloween options turned out so bad.

Surprised but not disappointed by the shallow KOTFM hold. Think people are just waiting to be in the mood for this, giving it some staying power.

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

It's more that it still had some fairly big markets to open in which softened the blow a bunch. Still wouldn't have been as bad a drop as the domestic one, however, but a bad drop nonetheless.

It opened in my territory this weekend. Universal originally planned it to be day and date with America but pushed it back to this weekend after Dune 2 moved. In hindsight it was a pretty dumb move, as a huge local film and Taylor Swift took most of the best screens and limited the amount of shows it could get.

9 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It opened in my territory this weekend. Universal originally planned it to be day and date with America but pushed it back to this weekend after Dune 2 moved. In hindsight it was a pretty dumb move, as a huge local film and Taylor Swift took most of the best screens and limited the amount of shows it could get.

I'm thinking italy+spain mostly which did 9.5M alone past week. I'm not sure how much the smaller markets add up to though but I assume everything combined would hit atleast 15Mish, probably higher.

Edited by JustLurking

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Good drops all around this weekend, FNAF notwithstanding (although it’s OS drop was pretty great).

No Halloween activity helped the holds this weekend. Next weekend there should be good holds too. Not like there is a big movie coming out....  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

So the for TET now a possible 180-200M final target. Wish should go there too (and let's hope better of course).

Considering AMC is the distributor, I could see them playing this in some of their locations where it is doing well right through the holidays. Taylor starts the Latin America leg of the tour this upcoming week and Grammy announcements are coming up this week as well, which she will receive many. She will stay in the press for a while, giving them free promo. 

A leading industry publication Hits Daily Double also said there are rumors she is going to release a live album of the eras tour, which would further promote. I could definitely see it legging out to 200+ domestic from here if they let it play a while.

• Like 1

Down from estimate. The brutal second weekend hold limit the usefulness of this weekend strong hold, especially this past weekend was one of the empty weekend of the year. 

Ironic that overseas hold have been stronger than domestic although people claim the story is American-centric.