Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (11/17-19) | Early Deadline #s - Songbirds 5.75-6M Previews, Trolls 2M

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

It's clear that audiences think that this is a trash movie which is hilarious after all the astroturfing from social media and Reddit going "but it's so fun! breezy! Iman Vellani is a star!"

The late rush in reviews to get it from Rotten up to 62% was a little odd to me.   It was almost as if some critics felt bad for it. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

At the end of Oppenheimer, when he is staring off into the distance, thinking of the consequences of what he created, I am not sure he envisioned that Walt Disney would one day create the biggest bomb known to mankind.

• Haha 14

5 minutes ago, Ezen Baklattan said:

Damn that’s a tiny preview share.

These family and kids' movies tend to be pretty backloaded barring unnaturally toxic word of mouth.

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

It's clear that audiences think that this is a trash movie which is hilarious after all the astroturfing from social media and Reddit going "but it's so fun! breezy! Iman Vellani is a star!"

Ironically enough Kamala and her family saved the movie for me. Otherwise it really is an unwatchable mess. Iman deserved so much better. I hope she flourishes elsewhere.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Plenty of trash movies make money. No, this is more than about the quality of the movie. People just decided they must make Marvel pay for their meteoric success and trash produvt they put out lately. I'm afraid The Marvels is paying the price of Quantumania and the other latest Marvel movies  sucking

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

The late rush in reviews to get it from Rotten up to 62% was a little odd to me.   It was almost as if some critics felt bad for it. 

Rotten Tomato scores are typically misunderstood, of course, but it really gets my goat that the new Hunger Games prequel could be assumed to be similar in artistic merit to the Marvels if one were to just look at the Tomatometer. HG:BoSS is easily twice the movie the Marvels is in my opinion.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Plenty of trash movies make money. No, this is more than about the quality of the movie. People just decided they must make Marvel pay for their meteoric success and trash produvt they put out lately. I'm afraid The Marvels is paying the price of Quantumania and the other latest Marvel movies  sucking

It's definitely paying for the sins of Eternals, Love and Thunder, Quantumania and yes despite people denying it because it made a very frontloaded 950M, Multiverse of Madness. But it can only pay for the opening weekend. The word of mouth is all on the film itself. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Marvel movies, but I find the MCU fans greatly exaggerating  way too often about certain elements being great, to the point that it's as misleading as the Morbius re-release.

Who tf does Disney expect to watch a tv show about a d-list villain from a b-list tv show?

11 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Yeah. The Marvels is partially suffering for the sins of previous movies.

However, consider the audience didn't make Marvel pay with Guardians 3. So, the situation is "we will make Marvel pay as long as the movie doesn't have characters we care about".

Edited by Kon