Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | THU - TBOSS $1.7M, Napoleon $1.1M, Wish $567K, Trolls 3 $516K, Thanksgiving $347K, Saltburn $309K

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

100 WW may be in danger and it didn’t cost much less

no way josie

with the holidays it can probably clear 200, some markets just give everything annoyingly decent legs (vs dom) and its still a kids princess movie

and encanto legs should probably be reached,so should at least do 75, even strange world legs get it to 65

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

There’s not even many notable markets left for Wish actually… SK, Japan, Australia, maybe Germany. Hesitate to call Japan notable either given how they treat WDAS in recent years. Yeah, this movie is not going past 150 WW without a major surprise in one of those markets. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

no way josie

with the holidays it can probably clear 200, some markets just give everything annoyingly decent legs (vs dom) and its still a kids princess movie

and encanto legs should probably be reached,so should at least do 75, even strange world legs get it to 65

It’s holding the exact same as Strange World DOM so far with arguably worse reception. There’s zero reason to think it will go above 65 DOM at this point. 

54 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Adam Sandler swooping in to capitalize on WDAS dropping the ball is truly the worst timeline 

It's weird how no one is upset Leo didn't come to theaters, but had Wish or Trolls gone directly to streaming, there'd be a lot of people loudly pissed off at Disney and Universal for losing out on theatrical profits.

Edited by MysteryMovieMogul
  • Like 1

Wish should be able to get to 70-75m domestic,

Offshore

Encanto made 12m in China. 

Wish run in China is basically already over 5m.

Deadline reported Wish opened 7% above Trolls Band Together in the same markets and at current rates. Trolls Band Together didn't open in China.

I don't think Wish is hitting 200m worldwide.  

4 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Offshore

Deadline reported Wish opened 7% above Trolls Band Together in the same markets and at current rates. Trolls Band Together didn't open in China.

It's definitely clearing 200m WW. There is no way it will make under 4x the global opening when many markets are left to release and it's an original kids movie. Prob 250m.

1 minute ago, JimmyB said:

Offshore

Pixar and WDAS better start aiming their films at an older audience or only make films based on established franchises if they plan to focus on theatrical distribution going forward, because families just aren't turning out the way the used to. And it's only going to get worse unless the economy does a major one-eighty next year.

12 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

It's definitely clearing 200m WW. There is no way it will make under 4x the global opening when many markets are left to release and it's an original kids movie. Prob 250m.

I'd take that bet. Encanto made 256m worldwide.

It's going to finish around 20-25m behind Encanto domestic.

7m behind in China.

Encanto made 9-10m in Columbia and opened to 2.7m in Columbia. Wish opened to 461K.

Wish and Encanto should finish with similar totals in Mexico, UK and Spain based on opened weekends.

Encanto made 24m in France. I doubt Wish will make that much. Wish really needs to breakout in a market.

200m WW is going to be tough.

• Like 2

I really don’t see how Wish could do 200 WW at this point, especially when we know there’s a box office history of SE Asia being prejudiced towards movies with darker skinned protagonists (or they don’t seem to appeal to them as much for whatever reason if you want to give the benefit of the doubt and say it’s not actually a bigoted thing). SE Asia would be its only hope though, with a breakout in Japan or SK specifically. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

45 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

It's weird how no one is upset Leo didn't come to theaters, but had Wish or Trolls gone directly to streaming, there'd be a lot of people loudly pissed off at Disney and Universal for losing out on theatrical profits.

Because Leo is low budget Adam Sandler garbage, not coming from the most storied and prestigious animation studio of all time… 

And as for Trolls, I don’t think there would have been much outrage from anyone if it went straight to streaming tbh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Adam Sandler swooping in to capitalize on WDAS dropping the ball is truly the worst timeline 

I’m just wondering how big it could have been if Netflix had done a theatrical release at a discounted price. Or even just a theatrical release in general, since a discounted release would NEVER happen.

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I’m just wondering how big it could have been if Netflix had done a theatrical release at a discounted price. Or even just a theatrical release in general, since a discounted release would NEVER happen.

95% of Netflix movies would not be a hit if they got a theatrical release and this also isn’t an NTC, so…yeah, it wouldn’t make anything lol

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

People are well aware of Adam Sandler's contract with Netflix and have had already a long time to digest that Adam Sandler isn't coming to the theaters anymore I guess.

47 minutes ago, Eric Bonaparte said:

95% of Netflix movies would not be a hit if they got a theatrical release and this also isn’t an NTC, so…yeah, it wouldn’t make anything lol

Yup, Netflix is mostly in the business of making Direct to Video movies nowadays, movies that would just be flops, but they release on their platform and people watch them automatically. It's comfort food, simple as that, that's the Netflix model.

Occasionally they release something a little more special just to change things up a little, but it's mostly just fast food.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Bonaparte said:

Did the Anti-Christ rise? Or is it all a fat copout?

Satan point blank shot every UN Ambassador and rose to be Deputy General at the film’s end. The ending also outright claims that Satan now has control of the world money supply as he also gains control of the World Bank, meanwhile the Christian resistants fly over NYC dropping leaflets proclaiming the truth about Jesus Christ. Satan is also a Romanian and Jesus is white Jesus. (I am not making this nonsense up)

Edited by The Panda
  • Haha 1