Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Est. Renaissance $21M, TBOSS $14.5M, Godzilla -1.0 $11.03M, Trolls 3 $7.60M, Wish $7.41M, Napoleon $7.13M, Animal $6.14M, The Shift $4.36M &The Marvels $2.51M

Thankfully Renaissance walkups today have been much better. Make me optimistic for weekend. I think Saturday will be even better for walkups. Should be good for low 20s OW. 

Great for Zilla as well. Almost 3m true friday guarantees double digit OW. 

Not bad at all for Wish. Its going to have a good drop this weekend. May be the D+ deal at $5 is working after all. 

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Thankfully Renaissance walkups today have been much better. Make me optimistic for weekend. I think Saturday will be even better for walkups. Should be good for low 20s OW. 

Great for Zilla as well. Almost 3m true friday guarantees double digit OW. 

Okay, then I didn't send Shawn the wrong way when I said high teens/low twenties...phew:)...

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Not bad at all for Wish. Its going to have a good drop this weekend. May be the D+ deal at $5 is working after all. 

If the predictions are correct, I don't think a 61% drop for Wish (which is an animated movie) will be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Great for Beyonce considering there was some rumbles in the tracking thread of under 20 being possible, and insane for Minus One. It almost making back its budget in a US OW is insane.

I think it makes a lot of sense that Toho is going all-out in the international (non-Japan in this case) promoting. Unless im mistaken, Shin Godzilla grossed 1,9M in the US in 2016, this one will do 10 times that amount, thats amazing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I think it makes a lot of sense that Toho is going all-out in the international (non-Japan in this case) promoting. Unless im mistaken, Shin Godzilla grossed 1,9M in the US in 2016, this one will do 10 times that amount, thats amazing.

Yep it did 1.9 in the US unadjusted, this will do way more. Though admittedly Minus One has way more theaters+PLF but still.

• Like 1

That’s the same Friday drop Strange World had for Wish and the # is only 700k ahead of it. Not impossible it gets down to matching SW’s comparable grosses in a week or so at this rate… 

Renaissance number seems decent considering tracking was looking like a disaster might happen. 

More DL updates

Angel Studios’ The Shift at 2,450 theaters is seeing a $1.9M Friday, $5.2M opening. Critics believed they are suffering a Job fate by sitting through it at 46% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Lionsgate’s John Woo action movie, Silent Night isn’t loud by any means at 1,870 theaters with a Friday of $950K, 3-day of $2.5M.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric Wonka said:

HIS SHIRT HIS SHIRT HIS SHIRT WHY IS HE SO FASHIONABLE AHHHHHHH

Just watched him on Graham Norton, so likeable. He was with Cher, Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks, a great lineup. 

27 years old and 5 of his films have already been nominated for Best Picture. Amazing.