Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Xmas Day #s - Purple 18.1, Aqua 10.6, Wonka 10.3, Boys 5.7, Migration 5.4, Ferrari 2.9 | #BlackGirlMagic dominates the charts

33 minutes ago, AniNate said:

It's fair to say Illumination has far lower standards than most studios, even Dreamworks at this point needs pretty good notes to actually turn heads. Still, the vibes would definitely be worse if Migration truly were tanking.

Exactly, any of the other animation studios need far better reception than “it’s fine” to avoid catastrophes with their original animation today 

I can’t say Migration didn’t have effort. It had 4 big trailers, either attached to big events like Mario or in the selection for hits like Barbie and The Eras Tour, or just attached to Trolls 3. In addition to that it had big play on the Thanksgiving Float broadcast event on NBC. In both my Marcus theaters, Migration not only got promotion in the snack area and soda cups but posters. Disney only did two trailers for Elemental vs the customary three for an animation, hide the romance in the marketing and dropped the ball marketing until the last month when they realized tracking was poor.

Edited by YM!

1 minute ago, YM! said:

I can’t say Migration didn’t have effort. It had 4 big trailers, either attached to big events like Mario or in the selection for hits like Barbie and The Eras Tour, or just attached to Trolls 3. In addition to that it had big play on the Thanksgiving Float broadcast event on NBC. In both my Marcus theaters, Migration not only got promotion in the snack area and soda cups but posters. Disney only did two trailers for Elemental vs the customary three for an animation, hide the romance in the marketing and dropped the ball marketing until the last month when they realized tracking was poor.

I think Movieman mean lack of effort in making the movie. Otherwise marketing wise illumnation is always in your face. 

2 minutes ago, YM! said:

I can’t say Migration didn’t have effort. It had 4 big trailers, either attached to big events like Mario or in the selection for hits like Barbie and The Eras Tour, or just attached to Trolls 3. In addition to that it had big play on the Thanksgiving Float broadcast event on NBC. In both my Marcus theaters, Migration not only got promotion in the snack area and soda cups but posters. Disney only did two trailers for Elemental and dropped the ball marketing until the last month.

All I know is I sure didnt see it (I saw plenty of Elemental marketing) and I know other movie types who didn’t know of Migration’s existence either. 

15 minutes ago, YM! said:

Trailer attachments don't mean anything. Shazam 2 trailer was attached with Avatar 2.