Grand Cine

MLK Weekend Thread | 3-Day/4-Day Estimates: Mean Girls 28/32, Beekeeper 16.8/19.2, Wonka 8.4/10.9, Migration 6.2/8.3, Anyone 6.9/8.2

4 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

https://deadline.com/2024/01/box-office-mean-girls-mlk-2024-1235726596/

Deadline confirmed :

3,25M for Mean Girls ( Thursday previews + EA)

2,4M for The Beekeeper ( they aren't confirmed but i think it's also Thursday + EA)

So far Mean Girls is 3 1/2 stars on Comscore Screen Engine’s PostTrak with 71% women showing up. Of those, 44% were women under 25 with 28% women over 25.

Beekeeper is 72% fresh with Rotten Tomatoes critics and early exits from PostTrak show a solid 4 stars with 65% guys showing up, overall audience is 82% over 25 for the R-rated movie.

That seems bad for Mean Girls, no?

6 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

2,4M for The Beekeeper ( they aren't confirmed but i think it's also Thursday + EA)

It almost certainly has to be a combined total, as nothing in tracking pointed to that level of pure Thursday preview

1 minute ago, Grand Cine said:

Yes the PostTrack isn't good i think it's a B+ or a B

6 minutes ago, Eric George said:

That seems bad for Mean Girls, no?

The Beekerper has a better PostTrack with 4 Stars , i think a B+ cinemascore maybe a A-

I would say this number assures something like 20M 3-day for Mean Girls. But the tracking team (and my own observations) shows that pre-sales for tonight are very strong, especially compared to previews. I still think 25/30 4-day is possible.

Strong for Beekeeper. Should hit 15 for the 4-day.

Fwiw, while I would agree that advertising did try to downplay the musical aspect of Mean Girls, I do wonder if it’s more the tone that’s generating a less than stellar audience reaction. From the clips I’ve seen, it just feels much more tongue-in-cheek, almost edging towards parody, take on the original. And may not be landing well with people (now adults) who were fans of Tina Fey’s biting comedy than say a High School Musical type experience 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Excited for the big CBM release today

x81r9icc61cc1.jpeg

Feel like we were in a strange, collective cultural fugue state as a society for the 2010's with superhero movies that it almost feels weird to even hear about them now since they imploded so fast