CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World: Rebirth | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

7 hours ago, Belakor said:

I like the plot, sounds more grounded than anything in the JW trilogy. I laso like that first look of Ali.

Agreed about being more grounded,  a tropical climate would bejust about the only one that Dinos in the wild in today;s world cold survive in.

4 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

This isn't coming anywhere close to $650M DOM like JW 2015

I don't think so either, regardless I expect a better movie overall, and at least the half of that number DOM which should be a win-win considering the rumored lower budget.

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Maybe I forgot something but wasn’t the end of Dominion signaling that dinos and humans were going to coexist in harmony? Now just five years later everything has gone back to hell?

Which is a more realistic approach, watching dinos in the cold mountains was cool as hell but scientifically wrong, the atmosphere mas much more heavy in oxygen and more warm so it makes sense to the dinos to thrive in the tropic zones and pretty much die anywhere else. 

7 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

No one is expecting it to. 

Doesn’t need to either. It happens often with huge films, see Black Panther dropping $250m domestically from 1 to 2. 

I think if this film manages to come close to Dominions numbers, it would be a really big success. This is essentially the second reboot of the series after the first JW and it has to kind of prove its existence since Dominion did leave a bad taste in many peoples mouths.

51 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

JW is awesome. Fallen Kingdom is underrated. Dominion sucks.

A JW film with the entertainment factor of Jurassic World, the cinematography/atmosphere of Fallen Kingdom and the scope of Dominion -

4 Billion Dollars

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

A JW film with the entertainment factor of Jurassic World, the cinematography/atmosphere of Fallen Kingdom and the scope of Dominion -

4 Billion Dollars

You are missing the most important factor - a 14 year total absence of the franchise.

14 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I don't see $1B this time out after Dominion (as hated as it apparently) barely crossed it by its finger tips.

Expecting more dwindling returns. $800M-$850M, which is still a big ass win.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I don't see $1B this time out after Dominion (as hated as it apparently) barely crossed it by its finger tips.

Expecting more dwindling returns. $800M-$850M, which is still a big ass win.

Yeah you know that your franchise is kind of a goldmine if 800M worldwide is seen as "dwindling returns".