CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World: Rebirth | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

This may well have the best trailer of any jurassic film. Edwards short style is Michael Bay esque. Feel like he is a mega blockbuster waiting to happen.

On 5/11/2024 at 5:41 AM, marveldcfox said:

The last trilogy really deflated the audience. I am fully expecting this movie to pay for the sins of the last trilogy. 

II think the last two films of last trilogy were not very good, but but dinos on the screen and enough of an audience will come to make a profit. Or at least that has worked so far.

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Honestly, what a bunch of crap. Either he has no actual interest in being in a Jurassic film (which is fine!) or what he learned about it after getting the offer gave him doubts about it being any good. But I get why he feels he has to sell this line of bull, giving his real reasons for not taking the part would create a mountain of clickbait and overshadow the movies he's out trying to promote right now.

• Like 3

Top Gun and (soon enough) Twisters have already scratched the "Powell in a big IP tentpole" itch, get the sense he knows doing this after those would've put him on the fast track to being typecast as The Franchise Guy. Jonathan Bailey is a more than perfect substitute since 1) he's a great actor (who might be an Emmy winner in September) and 2) we still have a paucity of LGBTQ+ actors who could be considered legitimate A-List Movie Stars (due to lack of opportunities more than anything else) so seeing one co-lead a goofy blockbuster like this will probably be remains a relatively novel concept on its own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Honestly, what a bunch of crap. Either he has no actual interest in being in a Jurassic film (which is fine!) or what he learned about it after getting the offer gave him doubts about it being any good. But I get why he feels he has to sell this line of bull, giving his real reasons for not taking the part would create a mountain of clickbait and overshadow the movies he's out trying to promote right now.

I wish he could just have said 'I don't think this is the right project for me right now.

I think , if he is smart, he wants to be careful not to get typecast as the lead in big action movies, and take a greater vareity of roles, and I suspect he isprobably looking for a stright up, serious dramatic role to show he has some real acting chops beyond the charming leading man.

Apparetnly he is going to star in a big budget romantic comedy, in a remake of "Heaven Can Wait" the very sucessful Warren Beatty film . Which is , of course, a reamke of the 1939 classic "Here Comes Mr. Jordan" starring Robert Mongonmery, who is pretty much forgotten but who was a huge star in the 30's and 40's. Seem to be one of those films that gets remade every 30 years of so because it is a great role for a young actor.

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Top Gun and (soon enough) Twisters have already scratched the "Powell in a big IP tentpole" itch, get the sense he knows doing this after those would've put him on the fast track to being typecast as The Franchise Guy. Jonathan Bailey is a more than perfect substitute since 1) he's a great actor (who might be an Emmy winner in September) and 2) we still have a paucity of LGBTQ+ actors who could be considered legitimate A-List Movie Stars (due to lack of opportunities more than anything else) so seeing one co-lead a goofy blockbuster like this will probably be remains a relatively novel concept on its own.

Interesing Powell will be in a 'Heaven Can Wait" remake. Smart move to get away from the "Lead man in an already estalbished franchise" image with a classic Romantic Comedy.

Just now, filmlover said:

All these quality actors agreeing to play second fiddle to CGI dinosaurs. :hahaha:

Though who knows, maybe this will actually be good! Can't be worse than Dominion, right?

Yeah, i don't get it either. The Pratt movies didn't have any actors of this caliber and they killed at the BO.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Morieris said:

At least he knows it will be filming before he turns 75.

He's probably leaving BLADE or it'll get pushed again.

Edited by kayumanggi