CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World: Rebirth | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

This being on the fast track like this means we should be getting some casting announcements real soon (reports indicate no one from either of the previous trilogies will be involved). Universal now has How to Train Your Dragon, The Black Phone 2, and this over the span of less than 4 weeks so reasonable to assume one of the other two is moving to a more vacant date (which is probably happening regardless to give more space between two movies from the same studio that share the same lead actor).

Edited by filmlover

12 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think Legacy beats this DOM just because I expect that to leg this out easily. Worldwide, probably this but Idk if it makes a billion either.

One of these may well move.

1 hour ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Superman: Legacy will move back a week to July 18, the mid/late July slot WB is religious about.

No harm, no foul.

Where it should have been all along, and the exact same day a relatively popular and modestly success WB superhero film opened once upon a time...

22 hours ago, Speedorito said:

This will likely be the biggest film of month by far. No many how nonsensical and messy these films get they still make a ton of money.

This.  

I think  the original Jurassiac Park and the first Jurrasiac World  were the only really good movies in the franchise, but they all a good profit.

BTW that is why you will never see a Jurassiac Park franchise movie go "Hard"; they will not get near a R rating. The kid audience,..kids love Dinosaurs..is too big to risk that audience.

On 1/22/2024 at 7:29 PM, Arlborn said:

More dinos? OK then, why not? Could be fun, just please don't take the Dominion route.

Fr, completely agreed

Dominion had a great hook of "Dinos are out in the wild now and live with humans" but wasted it for locusts

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Fr, completely agreed

Dominion had a great hook of "Dinos are out in the wild now and live with humans" but wasted it for locusts

Seriously. Many people I talked to felt deceived by the promo campaign. The Battle at Big Rock, the T-rex at the drive-in, etc. If Dominion had been more like that, it probably would have outgrossed Fallen Kingdom. 

Just now, KP1025 said:

Seriously. Many people I talked to felt deceived by the promo campaign. The Battle at Big Rock, the T-rex at the drive-in, etc. If Dominion had been more like that, it probably would have outgrossed Fallen Kingdom. 

Yeah the general consensus was in between Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic World. It was a popular $200M OW candidate and it's not like it barely missed like Multiverse of Madness it straight up wasn't even in the ballpark

2 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Superman: Legacy will move back a week to July 18, the mid/late July slot WB is religious about.

No harm, no foul.

They scheduled Legacy to come out on Gunn’s late dad’s birthday (by chance). They’ll definitely keep the date and make it part of the promotion.

I get what Trevorrow wanted to achieve with the locusts plotline thematically, but it was just ... so meh. It was obviously not what people wanted. That the movie still grossed a billion is testament to how popular dinos and the JP franchise truly is.

• Like 1

JURASSIC PARK is a great film period anchored by good-to-great performances in every aspect of film making, especially casting Newman as the bumbling embezzler. JURASSIC WORLD is a great popcorn film anchored by fantastic performances by Pratt and BDH. 

LOST WORLD and JP3 were blah. FALLEN KINGDOM could not have been worse and should be retconned. Ruining the original island, making Hammond and Masrani dumb enough to build the dark on an ACTIVE VOLCANO? Dominion, good grief...

Edited by excel1

31 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's a week-long gap and it's the summer. Both films will have a max opening of like $120 mil (and Im being very generous). It's not going to matter.

I would argue that both have potential above that number depending on a number of things, no way to slice it, it would be stupid to release them 7 days apart. Exact same audience in all corners of the globe.

14 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I get what Trevorrow wanted to achieve with the locusts plotline thematically, but it was just ... so meh. It was obviously not what people wanted. That the movie still grossed a billion is testament to how popular dinos and the JP franchise truly is.

I get it but also the prehistoric locust disrupting our ecosystem and agriculture...is WHAT THE DINOSAURS WOULD ALSO BE DOING TO OUR PLANET. So why shift focus away when you're telling a specific story that should involve the dinosaurs.