LegendaryBen

Weekend Thread - (January 26-28)

4 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

I really loved The Holdovers, I think it's the sort of movie you just need to enjoy the vibe of or you just won't like it.

I really enjoyed the Holdovers also.  Yes I think you do have to know the vibe going in to it. Of the 4 best picture nominees I have seen as of today it would Oppnheimer, The Holdovers, KOTFM, and then Barbie. Not sure how many of the others I will get around to watching. Some just don't plain interest me TBH. I think I am like 99% of regular people in that way.

• Like 2

BEST PICTURE NOMS (TOP PTA*)

THE ZONE OF INTEREST ($3,421 per)

AMERICAN FICTION ($1,702 per)

POOR THINGS ($1,325 per)

OPPENHEIMER ($792 per)

ANATOMY OF A FALL ($557 per)

THE HOLDOVERS ($410 per)

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON ($234 per)

*Per Theater Average

15 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah got to concede that Aquaman number is not too shabby all things considered. At least WW. Just think if it had not been a Dead Man Walking of a movie franchise ender it might have done. 

Yep, considering the plethora of factors the movie had going against it, it's pretty solid. It's still a flop ofc, but I'd assume WB sees it as a slight win

14 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah got to concede that Aquaman number is not too shabby all things considered. At least WW. Just think if it had not been a Dead Man Walking of a movie franchise ender it might have done. 

You'd have to think that had it not been a narrative dead end the US total would have been more on a par with the international. But then, why was the Domestic audience so turned off by that when the international audience was not?

Considering this was sent to recoup as much cash as it reasonably could for as little outlay as possible its done staggeringly well. And with that in mind I would think there is a whole domestic audience waiting for VOD. This will break even for WB which is a big win considering their situation. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dallas said:

Yep, considering the plethora of factors the movie had going against it, it's pretty solid. It's still a flop ofc, but I'd assume WB sees it as a slight win

Its a huge win. At the start of December people were thinking this would do Flash numbers

1 minute ago, Juliet said:

You'd have to think that had it not been a narrative dead end the US total would have been more on a par with the international. But then, why was the Domestic audience so turned off by that when the international audience was not?

Considering this was sent to recoup as much cash as it reasonably could for as little outlay as possible its done staggeringly well. And with that in mind I would think there is a whole domestic audience waiting for VOD. This will break even for WB which is a big win considering their situation. 

I'm not sure about it breaking even but it definitely won't be a huge money loser