LegendaryBen

Weekend Thread - (January 26-28)

34 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Poor Things is a hit. 120 WW possible?

Looks like it. The Favorite topped out at 34M dom and PT is outpacing it already. It seems to be doing better OS too save UK. So 100M is locked (that's 5M over TF).

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I haven't seen the movie but I heard many describe the movie as unsettling and uncomfortable. I don't know Glazer direct the scene but that sound like some clever trick to incite horror without explicit materials. 

Oh it is very unsettling. You hear the constant churn of machinery, peppered with occasional gunshots and shouts/screams and trains. The most you see are smokestacks in the background. You know exactly what is going on at all times.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Entire top 12 would be sub 23% without Mean Girls stinking it up, that is wild 

I think people want to see something, but they have no enticing offers. Dune 2 can't come soon enough

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Entire top 12 would be sub 23% without Mean Girls stinking it up, that is wild 

January is the dump month for reason. I wonder how Godzilla -1 would have done if released this month instead of December?

• Like 1

Ugh, Heron is really gonna come so close yet so far to beating Demon Slayer DOM for #2, but don’t see how it can with no kind of re-expansion. Maybe if it wins animated Oscar and they go for expansion then, but that’s far away yet. More like a re-release 

29 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

Good for The Beekeeper for squeaking out a win.

It's doing better than just squeaking it out. The Power of Hutcherson. 

7 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I think people want to see something, but they have no enticing offers. Dune 2 can't come soon enough

Strong holds show that people have a lot of offers they are taking but yes nothing so far has been gigantic nor was expected to be (save those who predicted Mean Girl to be a mini Barbie for some reason - not on this forum as far as I remember). Dune will be the first event movie of 2024.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

Yes, Dune 2 will be the first event movie of the year, but looking at the calendar (as i said yesterday), there's just too many sequels/remakes for the would be big movies. I'm afraid maybe people will grow tired of so many sequels and the box office will suffer

Edited by Maggie

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

January is the dump month for reason. I wonder how Godzilla -1 would have done if released this month instead of December?

Yeah several of us said since it opened that it coulda exploded in January. The entire spotlight would’ve been to itself and people want a blockbuster movie rn I think. Then it wouldn’t have that vfx Oscar nom though, but I think a 100m+ DOM smash would’ve been way cooler for them than an Oscar nom