filmlover

The 96th Academy Awards Live Feed Thread | Oppy wins it all, but Ryan Gosling is still kenough

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Ok, the Barbenheimer jokes have officially gotten tiresome. 

Luckily after today they will have become officially passe so don't have to worry about them for much longer lol.

"To honor stunts, it's time to finally recognize cinemas unsung hero, a name many of you may not know, Tom Cruise"

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

So, they'll pander to stunt performers but not establish an actual Oscar category for them? Bleh.

They’re not pandering to anyone, they’re just here to promote their own upcoming movie. Very transparent.

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

When did this category change from Foreign Language?

2020, the Academy said calling it Foreign Language was outdated.

Enjoyed Ryan and Emily's Barbenheimer snark though this show will be lucky to end before 11 Eastern.

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The strangest thing I've seen about the Oscars this year the weird pedestal I've seen people put Zone of Interest on. Yeah, it's a film dealing with a horrific part of human history but it's literally just a movie.

I mean...Glazer directed this movie. Of course he's gonna hype up his film as important when it won.

Just now, Eric Atreides said:

I mean...Glazer directed this movie. Of course he's gonna hype up his film as important when it won.

I'm not talking about him. I'm talking about the way I see people saying you can't joke about the movie or it's weird seeing it put in a montage alongside Barbie or whatever.