MightyDargon

Weekend 4/19-21: ABIGAIL 1 mil previews

have we gotten a 50 page wknd thread this year?

Màrch definitely was fun.

April is exactly what we expected.

May just looks like 350-450m+ishs titles and that if they deliver at the very least . If they don't oh boy...

I could see something breakout but not by much really , something like 600m range at best.

June and July is where the real action begins.

2 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

have we gotten a 50 page wknd thread this year?

Màrch definitely was fun.

April is exactly what we expected.

May just looks like 350-450m+ishs titles and that if they deliver at the very least . If they don't oh boy...

I could see something breakout but not by much really , something like 600m range at best.

June and July is where the real action begins.

Do you mean total gross for the month?

I am underwhelmed by April's grosses, but still, May has some very possible hits. Not juggernauts hits, but 700M is doable.

Right now, I would say Fall Guy gonna gross 120-140M, Apes around 125-150M, Furiosa & Garfield about 70-90M each. That's 385-450M range just with these 4 movies.

Wildcards openers such as Tarot, Back to black, Strangers, Sight, If, and SWEp1 should add 150-200M.

And then the holdovers + limited releases could help reach that 700M for the month. Nothing crazy, but still an improvement.

1 hour ago, stripe said:

Do you mean total gross for the month?

I am underwhelmed by April's grosses, but still, May has some very possible hits. Not juggernauts hits, but 700M is doable.

Right now, I would say Fall Guy gonna gross 120-140M, Apes around 125-150M, Furiosa & Garfield about 70-90M each. That's 385-450M range just with these 4 movies.

Wildcards openers such as Tarot, Back to black, Strangers, Sight, If, and SWEp1 should add 150-200M.

And then the holdovers + limited releases could help reach that 700M for the month. Nothing crazy, but still an improvement.

Nah just meant I don't see any may release grossing  more than 600m range WW . 

42 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Nah just meant I don't see any may release grossing  more than 600m range WW . 

Sorry, I misunderstood it

I agree. Hard to see a 600M+ WW grosser this May. Garfield has the strongest chance to cross that mark. Apes, if it's good it can come close. Furiosa and Fall Guy, I would say around 400M each WW.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Garfield would have been insanely huge if it had come out this month instead of on Memorial weekend. It will still be big but in April it may have delivered a GxK level surprise 

Nope, it needs all the swim team and summer camp trips before Inside Out 2...April would have been a terrible month for it.

KFP2 and Ghostbusters will do the mop up that's available in April.  Memorial Day is the big "schools out" for many areas, so that's as early as you want to set your summer animated.

I'm not sure why everyone is so high on Garfield. Ok, it has a few name actors in it, but it's nowhere near the kind of nostalgia play that Dreamworks sequels or Mario are. The Bill Murray movie only did about $120mil domestic adjusted for CPI inflation, and I see that being the benchmark for this new one. It also doesn't have the benefit of a lack of competition with IF before it and Inside Out 2 coming less than a month after it.