kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | estimates | 15.01M CHALLENGERS | 7.73M UNSUNG HERO | 7.22M GODZILLA×KONG: TNE

Challengers is too essay for the streaming platforms.

Saltburn is very simple and kids can understand it. It's like cruel intentions... cruel intensions got his 90s pure aestetichs, saltburn the 2020s aestetichs. It's a very simple movie, this is not. 

Edited by vale9001

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Luckychap seemed very happy with its streaming performance. Margot Robbie said in an interview that with Saltburn and Barbie, she wished every year was like 2023 for her production company.

Bisexual young men, Euphoria star. Challengers seems made for the Saltburn set.

If I could benefit from some unverifiable nonsense performance metrics then I’d be happy too. I imagine Challengers will be the most streamed movie in the history of online video according to Amazon in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AJG said:

Kung Fu Moon Killers was far more popular than Saltburn at the both BO and on streaming (and it was on Apple. The streaming service you forget you pay for) and it barely made a peep on the socials.

Reminds me of how NCIS is televisions biggest show and nobody talks about it.

I guess I have to be the person. Kung Fu Moon Killers? Is that a joke or a brain fart?

I just remembered Josh O'Connor also has another LGBT-themed drama coming up opposite Paul Mescal (it doesn't have a studio yet it looks like, but it's been filming since February so maybe it's picked up and released at the end of the year when Mescal's profile will have increased with the release of Gladiator II?). There's another movie that we already know will probably be inspiring gifs and memes like crazy lmao.

13 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Bisexual young men, Euphoria star. Challengers seems made for the Saltburn set.

Well, the Euphoria star was one of the bisexual young men in Saltburn. 

I just don't feel Challengers has the same appeal than Saltburn. Maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Kon

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

If I could benefit from some unverifiable nonsense performance metrics then I’d be happy too. I imagine Challengers will be the most streamed movie in the history of online video according to Amazon in a couple of weeks.

Umm, some ppl here were trying to make Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom out to be a money maker and WB flat out came out and said it performed below expectations. So it's not like studios can make up shit.

If Amazon says Challengers is a streaming hit, are you gonna hire an investigative team to verify sources or what?

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

Umm, some ppl here were trying to make Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom out to be a money maker and WB flat out came out and said it performed below expectations. So it's not like studios can make up shit.

If Amazon says Challengers is a streaming hit, are you gonna hire an investigative team to verify sources or what?

Lying about the financials of a movie is one thing. Lying about the viewership of a streaming movie is another. Netflix used to count watching 15 seconds of a movie as a view and then would promote those numbers, a seemingly perfectly fine thing to do. How does Amazon define a view? We don’t know.

It's astonishing to me that everyone on this site knew this would open under $20 mil from the moment this was announced and now people are flabbergasted that it opened under $20 mil?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Though I’m disappointed in the performance of Challengers, this post made a really good point here and keeping things in perspective.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alexander said:

According to Samba TV, just 336K american households watched Saltburn over first four days. That's just... low. For example, Road House had 2.3M / 4-days.

another example of Internet being disconnected from real life huh?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

It's astonishing to me that everyone on this site knew this would open under $20 mil from the moment this was announced and now people are flabbergasted that it opened under $20 mil?

Guess reviews screwed expectations abit. 

But damn mid budget movies are still lifeless at box-office . 2022 and 2023 we had some solid mid budget hits ,thought there was a uptick but it's now..

just read a page or 2 back .some one was expecting 70m ow for civil war????

A24 highest grossing film is barely over a 100m WW.!

What a boring start to the summer. 

6 minutes ago, YM! said:

Though I’m disappointed in the performance of Challengers, this post made a really good point here and keeping things in perspective.

it’s going to make about 80M worldwide on a 55M production budget. How is that good?

what is the reason people are going to bat for this film so much?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, YM! said:

The Vow made $15.4 million on opening day and $41.2 million over its OW.

• Like 1

The number one movie 5 years ago this weekend made 357 million.I think every body knows what movie that is. This year the Top 10 is doing about 55 or so. Insane that a movie had that much hype and anticipation. 

1 hour ago, AJG said:

I am dead serious. 

I really thought there was a big deal of excitement for Challengers and Civil War. I was very wrong.

More nonsense from you this weekend. You didn’t think for a second these films were opening to $40m and $70m. 

Also, Saltburn was everywhere. A pop culture moment. The zeitgeist. It wasn’t a one-weekend wonder either. America isn’t the only market. 

• Like 3

Challengers is performing within expectations to me, anybody expecting some huge opening was delusional. It always felt like a good comparison to DWD. It seems like it’s going to make around 70m-80m WW which is right where I was predicting. Maybe it’ll have better legs than DWD but we’ll have to wait and see. 

Edited by babz06

4 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

The number one movie 5 years ago this weekend made 357 million.I think every body knows what movie that is. This year the Top 10 is doing about 55 or so. Insane that a movie had that much hype and anticipation. 

Imagine telling someone that a Captain marvel  sequel would gross less than that WW by a significant margin  in 2019.

Anything can truly happen . You can have it all and in a second it's all gone.

• Like 3