AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | New attraction announced at DCA

56 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't think someone with predictions as historically bad as yours is in a position to be astonished at someone questioning your viewpoints.

Yes, I've made some bad ones too but at least I fully acknowledge that they were made with my heart more than my head. If you really just like wishing for Disney to fail we'd all save a ton of grief if you just admitted it.

I'm a big fan of Disney and Pixar, yuuuge. I just call it the way i see it.  Sometimes i'm wrong, like with Dory and Fox > Disney last year. But I've also been correct about some big ones, like the strength of the DC Universe, and my prediction that WB would beat Disney DOM this year isn't looking nearly as bad as when i was mocked for it at the beginning of the year.

8 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Not a bad point. We'll see about Coco and JL. I'm predicting a Coco wipe-out. 

what numbers/range are you predicting for each? roughly...am going with 170-190 coco and 360-390 JL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

A win is pretty much locked up as well.

Yep. I wonder what other mainstream animated movie will get nominated. I think Lego Batman might be nominated due to the weak options.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YourMother said:

Yep. I wonder what other mainstream animated movie will get nominated. I think Lego Batman might be nominated due to the weak options.

If Lego Batman wins over Coco, I will eat my hat. The academy's hard on for Disney Animated stuff is too strong. Cars 3 will probably get a nomination. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

:huh:

I was really looking forward to it but it was so disjointed and episodic, the plot was weak, with the jokes far more hit than miss and the characters paper thin.   It was a lot more enjoyable in trailer sized snippets.  After the opening scene it was all downhill.  In terms of characters only the Joker stood out.  The animation had little of the inventiveness of LEGO movie and the way they used the legos.