AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

No, but he is Pixar personified...

He is also the current head of Disney animation too. These accusations are going to affect both the Disney animation and Pixar branches, so it's going to hurt Disney either way. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

He is also the current head of Disney animation too. These accusations are going to affect both the Disney animation and Pixar branches, so it's going to hurt Disney either way. 

Toy Story 4 is going to be an issue cause Lasseter was on the creative team for it and I guess if Cars 3 was opening this week lmao

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Which is why when Disney saw this was about to break, told Lasseter, you get the fuck out, but we'll cover your ass enough by not firing you outright.

Not gonna lie, I have always gotten a bit of a creepy vibe from Lassetter. Shame that seems to be the case though, he certainly is responsible for more great things in the world of animation than maybe anyone else alive. On the positive side, maybe sequel mania will die down a bit at WDAS/Pixar now since I feel Lassetter in recent years has really gone sequel crazy. At the very least, we should be spared Cars 4. 

Reading the stories now, this guy went WAAAYYY beyond unwanted hugging...no idea why he didn't get outed til now, although I guess it's best to hit him when it's really gonna hurt...and the opening day of a Pixar original is perfect timing if you wanted get evens and publicity...

Again, sounds like a guy who thought he was too big to take down and could do what he liked, when he liked with no repercussions...lots of these folks are finding out how wrong they finally are...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

anti-UNWANTED hugs.

I'm sorry if I don't equivilate an "anti-UNWANTED hug"  with what Weinstein was doing.

In one case the person should be in jail.... in the other HR should have told the person that not everyone is touchy feely

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Toy Story 4 is going to be an issue cause Lasseter was on the creative team for it and I guess if Cars 3 was opening this week lmao

I sure hope Cooley isn't gonna be affected by this. Toy Story 4 will probably have some changes done to it though in post. 

18 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Which is why when Disney saw this was about to break, told Lasseter, you get the fuck out, but we'll cover your ass enough by not firing you outright.

I hope they considered sending him out on with a balloon then. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

I'm sorry if I don't equivilate an "anti-UNWANTED hug"  with what Weinstein was doing.

In one case the person should be in jail.... in the other HR should have told the person that not everyone is touchy feely

of course there's a sliding scale of shitty. that's why weinstein's company is caput while pixar will survive this and move on.

• Like 1