AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice-league-coco-gal-gadot-wonder-roman-j-israel-esq-thanksgiving-box-office-1202212680/

The Lee Unkrich-Adrian Molina animated musical which follows young boy Miguel’s journey to the other side where he meets his dead relatives and discovers great secrets about his family, is eyeing $55M-$60M over five days with a good shot at $65M or more. Over three days, Coco looks to mint in the low $40Ms.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice-league-coco-gal-gadot-wonder-roman-j-israel-esq-thanksgiving-box-office-1202212680/

The Lee Unkrich-Adrian Molina animated musical which follows young boy Miguel’s journey to the other side where he meets his dead relatives and discovers great secrets about his family, is eyeing $55M-$60M over five days with a good shot at $65M or more. Over three days, Coco looks to mint in the low $40Ms.

Eesh, hope it does a lot better than that. I really don't want to have to deal with more doom/gloom.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

On almost any other weekend this would be top priority.  But I mean like Three Billboards and Lady Bird are expanding over here so I know what I’m seeing first

As long as you eventually see it ;)  So which are you seeing first?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I’m aiming for Three Billboards tomorrow night and Lady Bird on Wednesday.  That probably means I can fit in Coco by Friday.

Good schedule, 2 Best pictures front-runners right there. Yes, see Coco before Sunday, this way you can add to its 5-day total,  I'd hate to see a repeat of TGD....

Edited by NCsoft

I think Coco is a good movie to watch for Thanksgiving and the holidays just for its strong family story. I really hope it resonates it deserves it.

I like TGD but I had feeling while watching it that it wouldn't connect that much because at some point that movie's energy dragged. Coco is not that, it's very engaging from start to finish and I imagine the ending would be a big crowd pleaser. It's hard not to really

• Like 1

I definitely had the sense throughout Coco's marketing campaign that it was a lot more of a "traditional Pixar film" than The Good Dinosaur. Lee Unkrich's style veers pretty close to the lighter, more humorous touch of someone like John Lasseter or Pete Docter.

I've said pretty much all I can say to defend TGD but I think part of the reason I loved it so much was because it was so different in tone and pacing from Pixar's other movies. I still hope Peter Sohn gets another shot eventually with an idea of his own.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3

The Good Dinosaur is so stunning visually, all the details pour into it so that's why I was really sad it was a flop :(  So beautiful to watch in the big screen, home video couldn't really replicate it

Edited by forg
  • Like 1