kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | May 31-Jun 02, 2024 | actuals | 14.01M GARFIELD | 10.78M FURIOSA | 10.51M IF | 8.97M APES

Is this a wide release? I've never seen a summer month not have a wide release before. What the hell's going on LOL

The Garfield Movie did 1.85 million on Thursday. I am guessing based off that number it should do a weekend number around $14.6 million. 

Furiosa did 1.725 million on Thursday and I am thinking it is heading toward a $11.7 weekend number. 

Pretty dull weekend. I am hoping In A Violent Nature can break out somewhat 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

Is this a wide release? I've never seen a summer month not have a wide release before. What the hell's going on LOL

There are four wide releases this weekend, none of them are of the big tentpole variety though 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AniNate said:

There are four wide releases this weekend, none of them are of the big tentpole variety though 

none of them are like, wide wide. none over 2,000 theaters.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

The Garfield Movie did 1.85 million on Thursday. I am guessing based off that number it should do a weekend number around $14.6 million. 

Furiosa did 1.725 million on Thursday and I am thinking it is heading toward a $11.7 weekend number. 

Pretty dull weekend. I am hoping In A Violent Nature can break out somewhat 

Not sure about that. Following Little Mermaid, Garfield gets to 10.9M. Following Aladdin is 12.35M. Alice 2 is 11.3M, which is...basically what that movie's second weekend was lol. I guess it's not impossible, but it would need a really good Friday and Saturday bump, which I just don't see with its poor reception.

Furiosa would get to 10.7M if it follows Maverick, though I guess it could get an okay bit above that. A Quiet Place 2 brings it to 8.5M, which...nah, it can't go that low...I hope.

• Like 3

I saw the thread title and didn't realize it was a film title. I thought someone named the weekend The Dumpster Battle, which is fitting for the state of BO sales. :sadfleck:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, harry713 said:

I saw the thread title and didn't realize it was a film title. I thought someone named the weekend The Dumpster Battle, which is fitting for the state of BO sales. :sadfleck:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

A lot of it has to do with the impact of the strikes last year still being felt but the fact no one ever put a major title on this weekend is truly odd unless they feared they were gonna get lost being sandwiched between Furiosa/Garfield (fears that ended up being almost entirely unfounded) and Bad Boys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Lasagna said:

Place your bets people. How many pages are we getting this weekend? I'm gonna say....8.

Mental breakdown in the forum Will get it to 20

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Mental breakdown in the forum Will get it to 20

I mean we already used all those up last weekend. Don't know if we have enough this weekend to get to 20 pages.

• Haha 1

Shawn's latest forecast drops Bad Boys below 50 and Watchers down to nearly single digits. Quiet Place sales pacing ahead of Insidious last year, but that doesn't mean anything considering this will have a much weaker close and it's selling below Halloween Ends which also had a stronger close. It's just not good stuff, folks. I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this with these kind of shit numbers before I lose any pleasure in following this stuff and annoy the entire board if I haven't already.

• Like 3
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

Haikyu!! should hopefully hit over $5 million this weekend. I am thinking around $5.3 million. 

Surprised its going over Spy x Family, genuinely thought that was bigger in the west

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Shawn's latest forecast drops Bad Boys below 50 and Watchers down to nearly single digits. Quiet Place sales pacing ahead of Insidious last year, but that doesn't mean anything considering this will have a much weaker close and it's selling below Halloween Ends which also had a stronger close. It's just not good stuff, folks. I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this with these kind of shit numbers before I lose any pleasure in following this stuff and annoy the entire board if I haven't already.

I thought The Watchers had potential to be a breakout when the first trailer released but buzz around it feels so silent as we get close to release. The movie is probably a dud I'm guessing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

No offense, but I think you really need a break from this place if this is really hurting your mental health this badly. Your happiness being this reliant on box office numbers wouldn't even be good if the business was booming, and, like I always tell people, it's not like you can't just talk about movies elsewhere on other movie forums that aren't as focused on box office numbers. It makes no sense to hang out around a place you hate.

• Like 2