kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 07-09, 2024] | actuals | 56.5M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE | 10.0M GARFIELD | 7.8M IF | 7.0M THE WATCHERS

4 hours ago, Kon said:

If your four kids were pretty interested in Garfield movie, will you go to theaters?

The answer to that question will show if the most important thing was high prices or lack of interest. 

Maybe...I would have likely used my movie credits since we haven't been in 6 months now, so I have 6 built up...

But, I wouldn't have paid non-Tuesday pricing for Garfield.  I don't want it enough, and neither does my spouse, so if all 6 of us aren't in, I'm just not paying anymore.  It's too darn expensive when everything else is also expensive, and salaries haven't been matching...

1 hour ago, filmscholar said:

Wow, From 50, to 51, to 53 now 56.   WOM must be kicking in.  Can we get 60? LOL.  

Nah. It has to drop on Sunday. Not going to stay flat for sure. That said high teens kind of drop is possible. So it could hit 57m ish. 

To be fair Saturday might come in higher so a low drop on Sunday might be able to do it. Or Friday actuals are higher than expected 

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nah. It has to drop on Sunday. Not going to stay flat for sure. That said high teens kind of drop is possible. So it could hit 57m ish. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Speedorito said:

Anyway I saw Hit Man. It was fine, I don’t get the insane hype. I’m not a fan of dumping films on streaming, but it probably saved it from the same fate as The Fall Guy: a “fun” film that’s gets a lot critical love but doesn’t do great at the box office and generates a bunch of box office think pieces.

Atlas probably will do bigger numbers.

Yeah, I don't really get it either. The film is fine and perfectly watchable, but I didn't really think it warranted the crazy scores it got.

Edited by JustLurking

6 hours ago, Eric Burnett said:

What has Kevin James been up to anyways? I don’t even think he’s in Adam Sandler’s Netflix movies. Last thing I heard about him was his network sitcom getting canceled after they killed off his wife in order to get Leah Remini on board.

A couple years ago, he played Sean Peyton in a family/sports comedy about coaching his son's middle school football team during the Bountygate suspension fallout.

And there was comedy special earlier this year:

6 hours ago, Eric Burnett said:

What has Kevin James been up to anyways? I don’t even think he’s in Adam Sandler’s Netflix movies. Last thing I heard about him was his network sitcom getting canceled after they killed off his wife in order to get Leah Remini on board.

He's making a movie with Alan Ritchinson.

9 hours ago, dallas said:

Public shifts like this can be very sudden at times. Price has been a problem for years, some realized it sooner than others, but we seem to be entering a point where the vast majority of moviegoers are realizing the cost of a trip to the theater, especially family trips. 

8 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think people should read one of the many focus groups of the median American voter and see the somewhat mindblowing things all of them say about their perceptions of the economy and their own personal financial situation. It is absolutely, 100 percent possible that Americans are caught up in a snowballing narrative about things like movies being too expensive that accelerates every month including since last fall. Yes, I believe that more people believe movies are more expensive than last August with 100 percent certainty, even if it doesn't seem logical. 

People are in denial about the state of the economy.

• Knock It Off 1

29 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

People are in denial about the state of the economy.

Exactly — people think it’s bad but it’s actually extremely good right now

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Good for who though?

Large majority of people tbh. Excellent employment levels, wages outpacing inflation particularly for lower income levels. Strong real consumption growth, real gdp growth, productivity, etc.  

Biggest macro problem right now is anti-housing regulations stifling construction leading to high home prices. That +high interest rates combine for a particular issue for those looking to buy new homes though interest rates will be coming down soon

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Speedorito said:

Anyway I saw Hit Man. It was fine, I don’t get the insane hype. I’m not a fan of dumping films on streaming, but it probably saved it from the same fate as The Fall Guy: a “fun” film that’s gets a lot critical love but doesn’t do great at the box office and generates a bunch of box office think pieces.

Atlas probably will do bigger numbers.

its serviceable as disposable entertainment , it definitely feels like Netflix original rather than an acquired festival film , i'd rather watch more divisive films like Maestro

23 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

Large majority of people tbh. Excellent employment levels, wages outpacing inflation particularly for lower income levels. Strong real consumption growth, real gdp growth, productivity, etc.  

Biggest macro problem right now is anti-housing regulations stifling construction leading to high home prices. That +high interest rates combine for a particular issue for those looking to buy new homes though interest rates will be coming down soon

40% of Americans report skipping meals to afford rent. Doesn’t sound like an economy that’s working for working people to me. 

Will Smith has been wearing a face mask and attending screenings of Bad Boys at a theater in Los Angeles this weekend. There is video footage of him in the theater watching the movie and then walking out and chatting with fans afterwards. He says this is something he does with his movies.

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Yeah, I don't really get it either. The film is fine and perfectly watchable, but I didn't really think it warranted the crazy scores it got.

It's a 2/5 and I'm being generous 

30 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

40% of Americans report skipping meals to afford rent. Doesn’t sound like an economy that’s working for working people to me. 

Even filthy rich people don't always eat three meals a day, I'm sure.