Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

35 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

How is Twisters a part of this conversation? It made only $10 million Friday to Deadpool's ~55 million true Friday. Whereas Barbie and Oppenheimer were both coexisting really well.

Huh they are talking about the combined total for the two movies. Barbenheimer did about  244 162 for Barbie and 82 for Oppie.  If DP and W does at least 210 and Twisters does at least 35+ than they made more. Pretty simple. It will be close but possible. 

Edited by emoviefan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:
- (6) Fly Me to the Moon Sony Pictures $215,000 -32% -78% 1,314 $164 $18,575,032 15

Yeesh, another hideous drop for this. I guess if people want to look at it from a "glass half empty" POV, it was definitely a weak summer for counterprogramming.

Yeah, not good :( was kinda hoping for a No Hard Feelings kinda run but audiences straight up rejected this

Huge OD numbers for Deadpool & Wolverine. $96-97M makes it a new record of the biggest OD for a film released in July. Which means after 13 years, it has broken Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2’s $91M OD back in July 2011.

That’s one July record down. What

are the next July box office records?

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Huge OD numbers for Deadpool & Wolverine. $96-97M makes it a new record of the biggest OD for a film released in July. Which means after 13 years, it has broken Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2’s $91M OD back in July 2011.

That’s one July record down. What

are the next July box office records?

$96M* as reported by Disney

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:
- (6) Fly Me to the Moon Sony Pictures $215,000 -32% -78% 1,314 $164 $18,575,032 15

Yeesh, another hideous drop for this. I guess if people want to look at it from a "glass half empty" POV, it was definitely a weak summer for counterprogramming.

Ironically that was supposed to be the "programming" that weekend. 

But yeah, for all people are talking about Barbenheimer this weekend overall is still gonna fall decidedly short of that metric. 2023's July was simply more stacked even if it wasn't to every movie's benefit. Still not sure if August is gonna completely compensate even because next week doesn't look like a Meg/Mutant Mayhem combo and even Ends and Alien don't seem like enough compared to last year, but September does look pretty legit.

Edited by AniNate

5 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Yeah, not good :( was kinda hoping for a No Hard Feelings kinda run but audiences straight up rejected this

At least It Ends with Us is looking to be a sizeable hit in a few weeks. Though it too will probably have the "can't we have one non-IP based hit?!" crowd gritting through their teeth given that it's based on an extremely popular book.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Deadpool 2 OD: $53M

Deadpool 3 OD: $96M

Jesus. . .

98,136,687M Friday would be higher than Wolverine and Deadpool's combined best OD's (X3 & D2)

I enjoyed it and my audience seem to eat it up.

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Funny how 2024 seemed like such a bleak year for the box office just two months ago. 

Yeah, it's almost like a double strike last year got this weekend's movie pushed from May first week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It did 34.7M admissions on opening weekend. God tier hype we will literally see again.

Hype of Hypes, i know how fast tickets in my city got filled for opening day.

Looking ahead at August, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Alien: Romulus opens on par with (if not a bit higher?) than Covenant. Presales are really strong, and I mean really strong. I’m not just talking about Thursday night either. As long as the movie turns out to be good, I’m almost ready to board the 40M+ train.

Similarly, It Ends With Us looks to be pretty strong. Not ready to predict a 50 Shades performance (that had the taboo factor) but the book is immensely popular with adult women, and Blake Lively is huge amongst Gen Z women. Fault in Our Stars did 8.6M previews, 26 OD, and 48 OW ten years ago. Massively frontloaded, but the movie was very good and it eventually developed legs (not something I can be so sure of for It Ends With Us based on what I’ve heard about the book but I digress). I’m willing to predict something like 5M previews, 15 OD, 30 OW, if not slightly higher. 

Borderlands looks like a dud but not a single digits dud. Still willing to go with 15/40 run. Trap I don’t think will be too 2 of the month but 23/60 isn’t unreasonable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Funny how 2024 seemed like such a bleak year for the box office just two months ago. 

To be fair, the general sentiment for this summer was always that May/early June would be bleak and weak, while July - September looks potentially better than last year even if that had Barbenheimer.

21 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Demo for D&W :

63% Men-37% Women , 18-34 years : 60% of audience .

Great diversity with 32% Latino , 25% Caucasian , 17% Black , 26% Asian/Other.

This and the Black Panther movies' demographics makes me think some people are underestimating Captain America 4.

Blacks and Latinos might make for the loss in white audiences.

I mean how does a movie make 210m OW with only 25% white audience? That's crazy.

• Like 1