kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

4 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

DP&W. 600-620M

IO2 -655M

DM4 -360-375M

Twisters -260M+

Rest of the year

Beetlejuice -185M-220M

Transformers one -110M -150M

Wild robot. - 85M -150M

Joker 2. - 400M+

Venom 3 - 200-225M

Gladiator - 250-350M

Wicked - 225-300M+

Moana -350-600M+

War of rorrihm -100M+

Sonic.    -250-300M

Mufasa -275-375M.

Nosferatu - 100M

Wicked is doing half of that. People are seriously overestimating how much people care about it outside of theater nerds. And it’s probably gonna be bad too.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

17 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Can Inside Out 2 actually make it through more than 52 days grossing more than $1M

Incredibles 2 had exactly 52 days at over $1M, but at this point, I can see Inside Out 2 having more due to how well it'll probably hold this weekend (even against Harold and the Purple Crayon).

If it keeps getting drops of around 30% (and assuming that Thursday's number falls somewhere around $1,450,000) it should reach 59 days at over $1M.

• Like 1

So I was looking at Barbenheimers first Wednesday drop and both of them were way less than deadpool's. I realized Deadpool opened much larger than both of them did but still a 24 or 25% drop when it had such amazing Monday and Tuesday has me scratching my head a little bit.

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

So I was looking at Barbenheimers first Wednesday drop and both of them were way less than deadpool's. I realized Deadpool opened much larger than both of them did but still a 24 or 25% drop when it had such amazing Monday and Tuesday has me scratching my head a little bit.

Makes sense to me.

Let's say, Wednesday is my new movie day. If I saw D&W last week,  this week I wouldn't go see it again. Whereas, if I saw Barbie or Oppenheimer the first week, I would see the other film I skipped the next week.

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

Yeah it broke the all time record set by the Godfather. In the 1970s, R rating was not an issue.

I know. It's truly amazing. You think of a R rated comedy like Deadpool & Wolverine breaking out enormously. Now, think of a R rated drama like Exorcist in which a young girl is doing that to herself with a crucifix and screaming &*%$ me while doing it doubling up Deadpool & Wolverine in admissions and then some. Obviously completely different era but still.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rihrey said:

If it keeps getting drops of around 30% (and assuming that Thursday's number falls somewhere around $1,450,000) it should reach 59 days at over $1M.

Imagine if it increased today. That’d be insane 

Wednesday number is pretty expected to me, though I usually assume MCU films to be pretty front loaded even when they're well received. So by all accounts Dead pool is doing extremely well.

So we've now got 9 200+ OWs. 6 from the MCU, 2 star wars, and Jurassic World. We've had some unexpected films lately putting up big DOM numbers which is good, but it'll definitely be a refreshing change of pace when something a little different finally puts up numbers that big for OW.

The virals for this film on social media are absolutely flawless. 

They know exactly what they are doing. And the general audience clearly was salivating for this and eating it up. If this comes all from Ryan’s head or not is pointless, they have perfected superhero film promotion on social media to the point I never saw anyone come anywhere close.