CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Compare the mood and tone of the Spectre trailer to Mission 5, or other spy movies, or even earlier Bond movies. The Daniel Craig Bonds have established a clear identity, a brand that spells out that the effort is there to make a quality film, not another bulk-standard action movie. There is a depth that goes beyond evil villains and explosions. Yes the key ingredients are still there, but there is more below the surface.

Edited by Bond Bug
  • Like 8

Compare the mood and tone of the Spectre trailer to Mission 5, or other spy movies, or even earlier Bond movies. The Daniel Craig Bonds have established a clear identity, a brand that spells out that the effort is there to make a quality film, not another bulk-standard action movie. There is a depth that goes beyond evil villains and explosions. Yes the key ingredients are still there, but there is more below the surface.

Yeah, but does Bond hang off a plane thousands of feet in the air?

• Like 1

Posted it in Neo's club but some of my observations of where Sony would go next with marketing:

I genuinely won't be surprised if we get a more action packed "IMAX-exclusive" teaser with Avengers in just over a month (also well timed for CinemaCon where they've originally planned to show 7 minutes of footage, although idk if that's changed), much like they put an IMAX trailer with TDKR a few weeks before Skyfall's main trailer was released (which went down really well last time, especially with Sony making sure it played OS, hell I was surprised to see it all dubbed and everything in front of a TDKR IMAX showing in freaking Russia!), fitting in nicely in between the teaser and the main trailer which I'd say could be mid-June? And third (4th if you count IMAX) final trailer sometime mid-September, could see them placing it with TMR2 to attract that YA/Hunger Games demographic.

Thoughts?

Edited by antovolk

Loved the teaser. It looks absolutely stunning and love the super moody/sombre tone. The gunshot through the glass / Spectre logo thing is great too.

I think this will effectively match Skyfall... Should be able to open higher based on the goodwill from that film but I dont think it will be able to repeat those legs... Still thinking about 100M OW and just a shade under 300 total. OS will be great... The question is whether it will be able to repeat its record breaking UK performance. We do love us our Craig Bonds here so we should be able to contribute at least £60/70m in pounds... Probably way more if the hype train matches Skyfall.

• Like 1

Assuming Daniel Craig only does 1 more film after SPECTRE, Elba would be in his late 40s by the time Daniel Craig retires the tux and thats just too old to start out with.  And honestly, I know Craig is contracted for only 1 more after this, but if SPECTRE and the film after that are massive hits and critical darlings like SKYFALL was, they'll likely keep Daniel Craig a bit longer because why the hell not?  I don't think Craig would mind the huge pay raise.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1