CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

All good points, but the real question is whether it's actually a Bond movie if they don't crash 8 of the most expensive cars in world?

From what I've heard car chases are also supposed to be exciting but this one wasn't.  ;) 

Besides Craig is supposed to be the more real world gritty Bond.  Maybe he should be driving stuff from Rent A Wreck, especially if he's going to drive

Spoiler

while chatting on the phone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

From what I've heard car chases are also supposed to be exciting but this one wasn't.  ;) 

Besides Craig is supposed to be the more real world gritty Bond.  Maybe he should be driving stuff from Rent A Wreck, especially if he's going to drive

Reveal hidden contents

I enjoyed the car chase although:

Spoiler

I was fully prepared to groan when he hit the air button. As ridiculous as it sounds, I thought the car was going to turn into a jet. I did like most of the campy moments though, they were good for a laugh, something Skyfall was sorely lacking.

9 minutes ago, moviesRus said:
Spoiler

But the movie hinges on Waltz being the mastermind behind all these other Bond villains, which is totally NOT believable and stupid as hell. Are you really telling me that Silva was working for this idiot cause no. 

It's a horrible retcon. Silva should be allowed to stand on his own. Awesome villain and they attempted to ruin it with Spectre. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It's a horrible retcon. Silva should be allowed to stand on his own. Awesome villain and they attempted to ruin it with Spectre. 

It not only undermines all the previous villains but it renders Bond's most famous

Spoiler

nemesis laughable and pathetic with it's Austin Powers retcon.  There's not even any emotional or storylinel payoff for it at all so what exactly was the point? 

• Like 3

ALSO 

Spoiler

Waltz does all these crazy evil things for decades just because his dad was nice to poor orphan kid James Bond? WTF. Did Waltz know that James would become a secret agent whom he could terrorize constantly? What if James ended up as a math teacher or something boring, would Waltz have just become an internet troll instead. 

• Like 6

Spoiler

Yeah there was no need to drag Skyfall into this. I thought it was pretty clear that Skyfall should have been a standalone movie. Trying to connect all the Craig Bnonds is the movie's worst fault IMO. This movie works better anyways with the CR, QoS plot thread anyways.

• Like 2

I thought it was kinda funny

Spoiler

just how lame C went out. He meekly scuffles with M and then trips over himself and falls out a window. And the real kicker is that they have zero evidence that C is actually a bad guy. Just hearsay from James about what Blofeld said. But instead of actually working the situation, C folds in about 20 seconds and lets the cat out of the bag.

• Like 8

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I actually didn't mind the twist, yeah it was pretty dumb in retrospect, but I thought it was handled pretty well, and not overhyped or anything, throughout the film. 

I think the main problems are that it's not explained well, it doesn't have a real impact of the story, and they kept the name Blofeld doesn't mean shit to non-Bond fans. When was Blofelds last appearance the early 70s? A lot of people don't know who he is, so they are just like, whatever. Who knows how many people watching the movie actual are hardcore Bond fans? Probably well under half. And the worst part is, they completely wasted him. They had a 2-time academy award winning actor play him and he wasn't that interesting villian. He's supposed to be this grand mastermind but why would anyone follow him in the first place? Plus the way he is ultimately defeated is really lame (Bond shooting his helicopter out of the air with a pistol, really? After all the well done action sequences they find the lamest way to dispatch of Bonds greatest nemesis?). Sure, they kept him alive, but it would be dumb and pointless to bring him back now. And even through all this I don't hate the movie, because there is a lot in there that I actually really like. But they completely wasted one of the franchises best villains for nothing. It could and should have been villian of the week #3 for this movie, and than they could've done a proper Blofeld showdown for the last Craig Bond and hyped it up as such.

Yeah, I agree with that to extent. I do like his introduction scene though, since they keep him in the background and portrayal as a master manipulator rather than being some powerful fighter or something. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1