CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

12 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this looks like it is going to finish with 199m. 

I support fudging this thing into the 200M. Expand it on the MLK weekend and after that pair it with The 5th Wave in drive-ins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I support fudging this thing into the 200M. Expand it on the MLK weekend and after that pair it with The 5th Wave in drive-ins.

Yes.....and i bet they're gonna let this one stay in theaters a bit longer until it hits $200M.

WB did it with Superman Returns & 2014's Godzilla.

read the script oct.17,2014

very different in the third act 

Spectre should have been better

http://www.commander007.net/2015/11/spectre-script-17-octobre-partie-1/

it's so pity that the script became all pieces from the moment they went to Morocco.(don't know why they shoot so different from the script before,because of the hack in Dec,2014 or other reason?)

864M WW is not bad,still falls short of expectation.I think Bond 25 need to be a strong sequel to make the puzzle complete.

Edited by bangbingchan

The wife and I finally caught this over the Holiday break. 

As a total film is was above average I suppose but I wasn't enthralled by it in the slightest. If I don't see it again or rarely see it I'll be fine. 

It was a drop off from Skyfall right from the start. Adele vs Sam Smith isn't even a comparison, plus Adele's was classic, the only one in the Daniel Craig series to do so. 

The opening act in Mexico City during the Day of the Dead was fun but not as strong as other openers. Goldeneye's may still be my favorite of the last 20yrs. 

The female lead wasn't engaging, I'd rather we had Monica Belluci the whole film at least she has screen presence and gravitas.

The "you totally see it coming" cliche of making this some type of Brother feud between Bond & Bloefeld was laughable. That "twist" was worthless.

Still, I've kept my streak alive of seeing all new Bond films in the theater since Dalton's License to Kill. There is that. 

I'm quite curious in regards to how the next Bond will perform, since that one will most likely be the last Craig Bond movie. Also curious to see if the movie will contain anything out of the norm for a Bond movie, keeping what I said in mind. Better said, something even more spectacular than what we have seen so far in recent Bond movies.

26 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Spectre's DOM gross so far: $198.5M

Whoa.....only $1.5M left to $200M. And to those who said it won't make it...........:rofl:

Is Spectre in dollar theaters yet?

If so, it wouldn't probably make 1.5m more all on its own, but I'm sure Sony will keep it in theaters an extra couple weeks to ensure it. Either way, I've been saying it could hit 200m so I suppose it's some vindication that it might actually happen. People were a little quick to compare it to Quantum

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Is Spectre in dollar theaters yet?

If so, it wouldn't probably make 1.5m more all on its own, but I'm sure Sony will keep it in theaters an extra couple weeks to ensure it. Either way, I've been saying it could hit 200m so I suppose it's some vindication that it might actually happen. People were a little quick to compare it to Quantum

Well, since the film made over $400.000 this weekend and had +48 theater count expansion.....i think so.

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, since the film made over $400.000 this weekend and had +48 theater count expansion.....i think so.

Ah, so it would seem.

Hasn't hit dollar theaters in Houston yet when I just checked. Maybe a staggered discount release. 

• Like 1