CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

25 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Don't think so. Lot depended on China, but the WOM seems to be really bad. Hopefully it gets to 110-115m there. UK is really good and the difference between skyfall and it there will be much less than what we thought. France got a record OD and will almost definitely well outgross Skyfall. This combined with the near 200m in US would put it at a disadvantage of around 60m compared to Skyfall. Seeing as Skyfall made 1.16B that means it only needs to lose less than 100m in all the other markets. It will lose some in some markets, will increase in some, especially the growing ones, and will remain stable in some. So I think it can happen. Will come pretty close atleast.

France got a record OD in admissions, and a lot of places are seeing records in local currency. Unfortunately, overall the currencies have depreciated 25% on average since 2012. It will need to majorly increase everywhere to hit 1B.

• Like 1

148 minutes. Holy shit. This was fucking endless. The villain was the dullest thing ever. A complete waste of Christoph Waltz. Monica Bellucci has 5 minutes screen time and Batista says one fucking word. The connection to the other movies with the ring/magic blood was hilarious. 

A huge disappointment. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

148 minutes. Holy shit. This was fucking endless. The villain was the dullest thing ever. A complete waste of Christoph Waltz. Monica Bellucci has 5 minutes screen time and Batista says one fucking word. The connection to the other movies with the ring/magic blood was hilarious. 

A huge disappointment. 

I knew this was coming

Oh, and the music is terrible. It builds up to NOTHING. It simply doesn't work at all. Worse than the music of Quantum of Solace, IMO.

(I always wait until the movies to listen the Bond musics)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I knew this was coming

Waltz was a major disappointment after the epic Javier Bardem. He did absolutely nothing. They gave him nothing to do in the 15 minutes screen time he has. So much mystery for that? C'mon. Only because he was the one who caused all the pain to Bond we were supposed to be all afraid from him? This fucking movie. It pisses me off the more I think about it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Waltz was a major disappointment after the epic Javier Bardem. He did absolutely nothing. They gave him nothing to do in the 15 minutes screen time he has. So much mystery for that? C'mon. Only because he was the one who caused all the pain to Bond we were supposed to be all afraid from him? This fucking movie. It pisses me off the more I think about it. 

Yeah. I think Blofeld was by far the worst thing in the film, and I found the film pretty enjoyable until he showed up.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah. I think Blofeld was by far the worst thing in the film, and I found the film pretty enjoyable until he showed up.

They did nothing with him and they present him way too late. 

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

France got a record OD in admissions, and a lot of places are seeing records in local currency. Unfortunately, overall the currencies have depreciated 25% on average since 2012. It will need to majorly increase everywhere to hit 1B.

The exchange will definitely have an affect but

France had previews that started at 5pm and opening day was Armistice Day.  Skyfall's second week was bigger than the first and the third was aided by Armistice Day. I don't see Spectre having those legs. User reviews at Allociine are already significantly lower after 2 days. (3.6/5 vs 4.1/5)

Local currency and admissions were down in Germany, Italy, Spain.  Australia's opening day per Rth is 85% of Skyfall's in Aus $s.

If you think Blofeldt was underused, there is still hope he will be well used in the next one.
The next one will be the final Craigy and Waltz will come back big style. 

And btw; watched spectre a second time and as a movie it may not be as satisfying as Skyfall, but as a Bondmovie it is superior in almost every way.
In spectre we don't have to meet Hagrid and we don't get that stupid Harry Potter-ending. if you like Bond-movies this is the one you will come back to more often than to Skyfall.