Krissykins

Weekend thread August 16th-18th Alien Romulus $6.5m previews

Inside Out 2 and D&W weekend grosses after their opening weekend:

101/57/30 for Inside Out 2

97/54/30 for Deadpool and Wolverine

Grosses after week 4:

D&W $546,819,959

Inside Out 2 $534,138,158

With Labor weekend coming up and little new competition, the path to $650 is not unrealistic for D&W. There's a decent chance of being over $605 million after Labor day weekend which again would be around $10 million more than Inside Out 2 after 6 weekends.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, The Dark Samurai said:

Inside Out 2 and D&W weekend grosses after their opening weekend:

101/57/30 for Inside Out 2

97/54/30 for Deadpool and Wolverine

Grosses after week 4:

D&W $546,819,959

Inside Out 2 $534,138,158

With Labor weekend coming up and little new competition, the path to $650 is not unrealistic for D&W. There's a decent chance of being over $605 million after Labor day weekend which again would be around $10 million more than Inside Out 2 after 6 weekends.

Weekdays will be a lot weaker tho. I think it will rest on 630. That it is even coming close to IO2 is ridicilous. What a ride

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Ripley said:

Half-convinced WB should try to get a Corpse Bride re-release out in time for Halloween, especially if 🪲🧃 really does crazy numbers and really rejuvenates some Burton nostalgia.

Now that I would be the first in line to see. I really hope WB does this it would be perfect for Halloween. 

24 minutes ago, Eric Ripley said:

I was introduced to her in last year's Priscilla, the only Elvis movie that matters. Amazing movie right there, and I knew from her performance she was gonna go somewhere. I guess I was right!

austin-robert-butler-american-actor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cailee Spaeny was the best thing about The Craft: Legacy. I can’t remember her much in Bad Times at the El Royale. 

I thought Priscilla was boring. Much preferred Elvis. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

do you mean underestimated?

most films have beat yesterdays estimates.

That's what I said, most everything came over estimates. I didn't keep track of the daily estimates this week so idk if it was spread throughout the weekend or if just one particular day did better than expected for most movies. Regardless, all over estimates. 

Edited by wattage

This is still to date the only film I ever watched in the cinema that I afterwards went straight back to the counter and bought another ticket for the next showtime.

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952pbtgh4i8rqkdi8l8gn

WE NEED DEL TORO TO GIVE US PACIFIC RIM 3

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

16 minutes ago, Avatree said:

This is still to date the only film I ever watched in the cinema that I afterwards went straight back to the counter and bought another ticket for the next showtime.

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952pbtgh4i8rqkdi8l8gn

WE NEED DEL TORO TO GIVE US PACIFIC RIM 3

Did you hear the news today?!

New Pacific Rim TV Series Announced!

Also, I liked Uprising! I was happy Spaeny was in Romulus! Plus Merced from Transformers 5!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Alien is likely hitting $100M with how barren the marketplace is going to be until Beetlejuice (including the 4-day Labor Day weekend to give it a boost).

A 2.5 * really shouldn't be that hard even if the fan reception is as divisive as what it seems like it will be.

1 hour ago, wattage said:

Everything was over estimates this weekend, some by quite a lot. 

While the top two movies were underestimated.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Cailee Spaeny was the best thing about The Craft: Legacy. I can’t remember her much in Bad Times at the El Royale. 

I thought Priscilla was boring. Much preferred Elvis. 

I had no idea she was in craft legacy. Like I posted earlier I'm going to try to find some of her earlier work. I really think she has terrific screen presents and of course it helps that she's easy on the eyes as well.