ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

The casting for captain america is wrong. The character already appeared as main character in a TV series. Which gives to the movie the vibe of a sequel of a TV series, not a movie event.

Also probably their idea was if people know a character from previous films It helps.. while for me the idea to discover a new character-actor is what makes an origin story palatable. In this way you lose all of this. 

1 hour ago, YM! said:

I am thinking low $500m like the first Iron Man, and around where Batman Begins adjusts too with a ceiling around $700-750m if everything goes well. Floor is like $350m.

Think one advantage of Superman that everyone is overlooking is he was the hero. If marketing is strong and reviews and hype is there, it wont go as low as some think. Don't think 1b can happen, but simultaneously I don't think sub 250m is realistic.

CBMs no longer have a floor.  A month ago, many would have said the floor for Joker 2 was $500M WW. 

If Superman doesn't resonate with the GA and hardcore fans, it could easily go under $250M WW when factoring in brand damage and stiff competition. 

Only upcoming CBM that will have somewhat of a floor are the Avengers films because they will naturally open big. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

CBMs no longer have a floor.  A month ago, many would have said the floor for Joker 2 was $500M WW. 

If Superman doesn't resonate with the GA and hardcore fans, it could easily go under $250M WW when factoring in brand damage and stiff competition. 

Only upcoming CBM that will have somewhat of a floor are the Avengers films because they will naturally open big. 

In fairness to Joker, no one was expecting even after reviews WOM to be D-level caliber. Once you go that low sure there is no floor, but as of right now I think sub $250m for Superman is just as ridiculous as predicting $1b for it.

• Like 4

Just now, YM! said:

In fairness to Joker, no one was expecting even after reviews WOM to be D-level caliber. Once you go that low sure there is no floor, but as of right now I think sub $250m for Superman is just as ridiculous as predicting $1b for it.

Never underestimate a user named YM! so what's ur prediction for OW and legs if it's GOTG 1 quality

Gunn likes his sci-fi and with All-Star being the main inspiration... Even set photos have this star trek feeling, wouldn't surprise me if DOM > OS. I think without China Returns finished 200:190 and MoS 290:310 so Superman always struggled overseas and I think this time it could be even worse.

6 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Never underestimate a user named YM! so what's ur prediction for OW and legs if it's GOTG 1 quality

A single trailer has yet to drop my guy. Its too early for this shit.

Gone are the days of every freaking superhero/villain getting a movie. To be a big success it’s gotta be a group movie.. like Deadpool and Wolverine. The Monsterverse has cleared in the right direction with that… pretty sure cbm’s will follow suit. 

21 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

$50M OW and $150M DOM if it's GOTG 1 quality. 

Jurassic World 4 will repeat #1 over Superman like how Jurassic World 1 repeated #1 over Inside Out 1

Ahhh, so you weren’t just doomposting about Joker (and granted, happened to be right), you’re gonna do this for every DC property huh. 

I thought we left this Marvel vs DC stuff behind in the 2010’s.

• Like 1

Just now, Noctis said:

The vast majority of Asian countries, and I include the Middle East and Southeast Asia as well. 

The Middle East is also a lost cause for the US for a completely different set of reasons I'm not going into here. Looks like they'll mainly lose Southeast Asia. Again not a huge market for a movie titled "Captain America".