ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

13 minutes ago, wattage said:

That movie banished him to the TV realm beyond being in a team up movie if they even manage to get there. Sorry to the fans, but if the show is good maybe he'll be unbanished? More than the Flash will be getting so keep hope alive. 

Good point, although that also opens the question as of what's Warner Bros expecting from the DCU in the upcoming years. Because it's looking like it's gonna be a long while untill we get Flash, Aquaman or Wonder Woman in the big screen again. I mean, based on Gunn's slate, are they gonna made a cinematic universe without any of them for like...at least three years (2025-2027)? 

6 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Hot take : Superman 1bn+ , other 3 Marvel movies flopping

Just a gut feeling

If Batman (2022) didn’t hit a billion, I can’t see Superman doing it. There’s too much damage that DC as a brand has accumulated over the years. It’s going to more than James Gunn to rehabilitate the DC brand. 

8 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

Good point, although that also opens the question as of what's Warner Bros expecting from the DCU in the upcoming years. Because it's looking like it's gonna be a long while untill we get Flash, Aquaman or Wonder Woman in the big screen again. I mean, based on Gunn's slate, are they gonna made a cinematic universe without any of them for like...at least three years (2025-2027)? 

I have no idea. Maybe it's just the big one with Superman and then lower budgeted movies in differenr styles to build out the concept of a universe before starting on the new versions of the marquee characters? Enough time to get people to want them back. That's all I can think of it being but I'm just kind of taking it as it comes at this point. I don't know what Gunn is selling them BTS and what WB is even expecting and I'm not super into the cinematic universe concept at this point anyway so I'm just taking it as it comes and hoping we just get some good individual movies.

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Fantastic Four. With it leading into Doomsday. My money is on that one. 

Are people even hyped for the next Avengers? All the marquee characters are gone, except for Spider-Man. 

Fantastic Four has never been a strong franchise and MCU has never been weaker. Guess we’ll have to wait for the trailers for both but something tells me a F4 set in the 60’s isn’t all that appealing. 

As for Superman, if it doesn’t pass MOS at the box office then the DCU shouldn’t move forward 

4 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Are people even hyped for the next Avengers? All the marquee characters are gone, except for Spider-Man. 

Fantastic Four has never been a strong franchise and MCU has never been weaker. Guess we’ll have to wait for the trailers for both but something tells me a F4 set in the 60’s isn’t all that appealing. 

As for Superman, if it doesn’t pass MOS at the box office then the DCU shouldn’t move forward 

If it was Kang Dynasty I would say no but changing it to RDJ/Dr. Doom seems to have created genuine hype.

16 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Bring in this man for the next Avengers

love-you-for-ever-deadpool.gif

Edited by Mojoguy

The lowest avengers movie grossed 1.4B. Ofc people are hyped for it - even if it was Kang Dynasti. Avengers movie brand is the second biggest in the world, only avatar is bigger. But the announcement of RDJ changed the game completely. Before I would say it could do 1B-1.3B as Kang Dynasti but now it could do much more with RDJ and probably plenty of other characters like Wolverine. The RDJ taking off the mask for example has like 300 million views on instagram. That’s insane. I’m unsure if the movies can reach infinity war and endgame levels tho. Hard to recapture the magic of those two movies  and how well received those movies were. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

The lowest avengers movie grossed 1.4B. Ofc people are hyped for it - even if it was Kang Dynasti. Avengers movie brand is the second biggest in the world, only avatar is bigger. But the announcement of RDJ changed the game completely. Before I would say it could do 1B-1.3B as Kang Dynasti but now it could do much more with RDJ and probably plenty of other characters like Wolverine. The RDJ taking off the mask for example has like 300 million views on instagram. That’s insane. I’m unsure if the movies can reach infinity war and endgame levels tho. Hard to recapture the magic of those two movies  and how well received those movies were. 

Don't think anything will, frankly, ever do 34.7M admissions in DOM OW like Endgame did

13 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Bring in this man for the next Avengers

love-you-for-ever-deadpool.gif

He’s gotta be in it for sure. And the “Deadpool” wouldn’t work in PG-13 argument really isn’t a big problem in a big ensemble like these movies. Deadpool will have like 90% less screen time than he has in his own movies. Really hope they aren’t that stupid that they leave him out.

Just got out and I actually really liked Joker 2.

Understand why it's angering so many, it seem designed to.

Seems destined to be a film to be labeled a cult classic and get re-appraisals down the line over the years imo.

Completely and utterly insane WB gave them that much money to make it but I'm glad it exists.

It's not without flaws but it's such a huge swing and connects many times.

7/10

Edited by Dominic Draper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, El Gato said:

There's a reason they brought RDJ back.

Dynasty of Kang was DOA, this one has some hype thanks to Robert Doomy Junior.

• Like 1

I have Avengers: Doomsday at 2B, same as Infinity War. At the low end, I have it at 1.8BWW. For domestic I think it’ll make 680m.

As for Avengers: Secret Wars, I think it’ll genuinely rival Endgame, but barely miss it. I have it at 2.65B and 800m DOM, so barely less than Spider-Man: No Way Home for the domestic market.

Edited by AnthonyJPHer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Spider-Man 4 and Beyond the Spider-Verse are also collapse proof imo. 

SM4 is pretty collapse proof but I think something like 40% rotten would really tank verse. It’s just unlikely