Noctis

Avengers: $18.7m!

BTW, what is the biggest midnight of all time? The Dark Knight?

FRIDAY 8 AM: Rival studios tell me that Marvel’s The Avengers from Disney did not set a record for midnight showings — and made $20 million from about 2,500 North American theaters. The midnight record is still Warner Bros’ Harrry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Paart 2 with $43.5M. Disney has not released an official number yet.

Huge.

Right but we have to think of ticket cost correlation. Potter did 40+ with 3D bump too. I understand it's way bigger than previous marvel films. Fri will tell us for sure. It's a good number, I'm just trying to relate to recent midnights and not getting ahead of myself. Im all for whatever helps bo, so if it continues troughs today then we'll talk about the ow record

Absolutely and it's pretty much what I predicted some time ago. This is truly a fantastic number for a midnight debut and I'm sure the taste of JOHN CARTER has been wiped out of Disney Execs minds after this..

This film better be good BKB. Or I will find you and power-bomb you. Seeing it today in IMAX at 7.

Right but we have to think of ticket cost correlation. Potter did 40+ with 3D bump too. I understand it's way bigger than previous marvel films. Fri will tell us for sure. It's a good number, I'm just trying to relate to recent midnights and not getting ahead of myself. Im all for whatever helps bo, so if it continues troughs today then we'll talk about the ow record

Marvel movies tend to be backloaded on OW. TA is hitting 70M for today and could hit 80M for the day which would pretty much lock the OW record.aDIM, my friend pack your bags. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: