Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

• Founder / Operator

When I even mentioned the thought of this happening a year ago much less a month or 2 ago predicting this with Maverikk on PM, i was laughed at and I'm still being laughed at TODAY at KJ over it.. I deserve some sort of redemption for this folks..

I can vouch for BKB, he did predict $200m opening weekend in an e-mail to me a week or two ago.

When I even mentioned the thought of this happening a year ago much less a month or 2 ago predicting this with Maverikk on PM, i was laughed at and I'm still being laughed at TODAY at KJ over it.. I deserve some sort of redemption for this folks..

I'll give you your redemption when you stop claiming TDK would have made "more or less the SAME THING as Batman Begins if Ledger didn't die." Still remember you refusing to admit you were wrong 4 years ago, 3 years ago, and all the way up until present day.

Props to you BKB. I'm glad you're around to relish in your glory.

It's not enough to balance out your other reputation, I'm afraid.

• Founder / Operator

I think the opposite of what I was saying yesterday holds true for today: let's keep in mind the effect of matinees. Just like Nikki and/or her sources were over-estimating the importance of Friday matinees, let's all remember that matinee prices are lower -- meaning these sellouts today *need* to continue into the late shows in order for something like $75-80 million to happen today. And even then, it could be a stretch. $70m alone will be a HUGE achievement, and I don't see it missing that mark currently.

"At your theater what movie is benefitting most from the spill overs."no significant spill over as people will watch the later shows after 9pm instead...

Ah ok. I'm seeing a lot of Hunger Games and Think Like A Man alternatives. Casual movie goers I guess that want a day out at the movies.

Good news is, the film was so damn good, I forgot all about my discomfort and when the movie ended I finally noticed I had whiplash and a splitting headache. :lol:

The funny part was I texted my wife that I was in "the second row". I couldn't help but watch her look for me in the second row of the stadium seating. When she finally looked up front, I waved like this:

Posted Image

• Like 1

It's not enough to balance out your other reputation, I'm afraid.

I agree. Great that you called this right, but it doesn't make up for your antagonism from the past
  • Like 1

I think the opposite of what I was saying yesterday holds true for today: let's keep in mind the effect of matinees. Just like Nikki and/or her sources were over-estimating the importance of Friday matinees, let's all remember that matinee prices are lower -- meaning these sellouts today *need* to continue into the late shows in order for something like $75-80 million to happen today. And even then, it could be a stretch. $70m alone will be a HUGE achievement, and I don't see it missing that mark currently.

Like I said before, a lot of theaters have all shows sold out for the entire day. So I think the late shows will come through.

• Founder / Operator

The funny part was I texted my wife that I was in "the second row". I couldn't help but watch her look for me in the second row of the stadium seating. When she finally looked up front, I waved like this:

Posted Image

:rofl: