Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Now, see, it's this sort of generalized broadbrush statement that really bugs me.

Accusing people of saying things they've never said is a constant theme with him. It's pretty much his favorite "debate style" if you want to call it that. He's accusing me of overhyping TDKR when I'm one of the people saying it could easily turn out to be a piece of crap.

Point is: For as much as all of you have hyped, hell, even overhyped TDKR being the Second Coming with Nolan descending from the heavens with a gold robe wrapped around him, not just here but KJ as well, TDKR HAS TO MATCH TDK DOMESTICALLY to put an end to any questions whether the movie could've achieved what it did without the controversy it had at the time fueling ticket sales and it did.. If TDKR can out match or even equal TDK Domestic, then I'll conceed, but until then, I'm too damn smart to realize otherwise.. TDKR from where I'm sitting is lucky to get 375M Domestic or less just based off the very lackluster final trailer and it was: LACKLUSTER with absolutely no $$$ shots.. That trailer for the shittiest marketing WB has done with their so called final BATMAN movie of Nolan's trilogy, needed a "HULK save IRONMAN Moment" in that trailer to put it over and instead, were treated to footage we saw from January in the dumb Prologue and BANES newly redubbed voice sounding worst now then it did before which isn't saying alot..

All of us?? I don't feel that way

Ugh. I hate that title. As I said before, they apparently wanted to avoid any confusion with The Avengers film based on the TV series that came out in 1998. But I don't see one aspect of this film that is anywhere close to that one. Not one...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Oh right...

Say what you want about The Avengers (98) but i looove this Uma pic. That pose is mesmerizing.

Scarlett is fine but NO Black Widow (attitude, face...)

She is even not named "Black Widow" in the movie (pfff)

Agreed.To be totally honest here, I really don't see TDKR missing $500 million if the film lives up to these early comments about how pleased WB is. Think about it this way: even Dead Man's Chest and Revenge of the Sith adjust to over $450-475m today -- and that's without adding in an IMAX benefit. $500m really isn't a stretch for TDKR.I really think we're going to see three films over $475m this year.

Honestly, I took half of the drop off Batman Returns had from Batman and applied that to TDKR from TDK to come up with my 425-475 range.

Once in awhile Red, you just get this certain feeling about things, a certain vibe and right now, the vibe I'm getting is WB has marketed their final Batman movie to the point of laziness.. They really have and before that final trailer, you didn't hear so much as a peep about any news regarding TDKR since like January, not even a morsel except the MPAA Rating of PG-13 for SENSUALITY.. Come on WB..

You have a problem with sensuality being in a movie where Catwoman is a character? Why?

I think Ledger's death helped TDK but the fact is that people watched the movie and liked it. Unless TDKR is so dark and brooding that it turns people off, the Box Office environment is good enough for TDKR to exceed 400 million. Obviously, The Avengers is now the movie to beat this summer and not TDKR.

If TA hits 530m then yes, otherwise, no.

Just passed the attendance from yesterday(minus midnights), and there are still 6 shows left.

So surpassing Friday + midnights looks like a possibility at your place Edited by spizzer

Marvel's The Avengers is actually a pretty cool title IMO. At least you didn't get the title we got Marvel's The Avengers Assemble.

In UK, that's right?

lol

Maybe they will go the "saga" route for the next movies ala Twilight.

Say what you want about The Avengers (98) but i looove this Uma pic. That pose is mesmerizing.Scarlett is fine but NO Black Widow (attitude, face...)She is even not named "Black Widow" in the movie (pfff)

She was called BW by the Russian gangster in the interogation scene. Uma`s pose is gorgeous but Scarlett`s body is much more attainable for women cause they don`t have to die of hunger to look like that.
  • Like 2

Say what you want about The Avengers (98) but i looove this Uma pic. That pose is mesmerizing.

Scarlett is fine but NO Black Widow (attitude, face...)

She is even not named "Black Widow" in the movie (pfff)

Iron Man 2, maybe, but not TA. She is named BW in the film. And I thought Scarlett did a great job...even without some sort of Russian accent to make her feel more authentic.

Why??? I've done absolutely nothing wrong but disagree with the masses about Nolan's BATMAN franchise not being all that and then some.. I like subtle, dry humor in my superhero movies without resorting to everything having to be so painfully serious..

unbold will probably stop people being so pissed off

Iron Man 2, maybe, but not TA. She is named BW in the film. And I thought Scarlett did a great job...even without some sort of Russian accent to make her feel more authentic.

I`m glad there was no Russian accent because they are universally bad. She said she was Russian and that was enough.

I`m glad there was no Russian accent because they are universally bad. She said she was Russian and that was enough.

I can buy that she has had so much espionage training that she speaks not only fluent English, but fluent "American". ;)