Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

The next big milestone is 100M OD, IMO. And, if The Avengers confirms that will break the 200M, 250M is the next big target for OW.

anyone notice that the TA is around $450 on HSX.Is that the highest price ever???

And it will adjust to over $500 possibly ~$550., I kinda regret not buying into the $155M opening week now, would've quadrupled my money, and now I have to settle for a 25% adjust.

And it will adjust to over $500 possibly ~$550., I kinda regret not buying into the $155M opening week now, would've quadrupled my money, and now I have to settle for a 25% adjust.

I bought the 155M OW at 161.8, so I'm good to go :D Edited by spizzer

Point is: For as much as all of you have hyped, hell, even overhyped TDKR being the Second Coming with Nolan descending from the heavens with a gold robe wrapped around him, not just here but KJ as well, TDKR HAS TO MATCH TDK DOMESTICALLY to put an end to any questions whether the movie could've achieved what it did without the controversy it had at the time fueling ticket sales and it did.. If TDKR can out match or even equal TDK Domestic, then I'll conceed, but until then, I'm too damn smart to realize otherwise.. TDKR from where I'm sitting is lucky to get 375M Domestic or less just based off the very lackluster final trailer and it was: LACKLUSTER with absolutely no $$$ shots.. That trailer for the shittiest marketing WB has done with their so called final BATMAN movie of Nolan's trilogy, needed a "HULK save IRONMAN Moment" in that trailer to put it over and instead, were treated to footage we saw from January in the dumb Prologue and BANES newly redubbed voice sounding worst now then it did before which isn't saying alot..

So you're predicting $375m for it. Batman Begins made $205m and isn't even close to $375m adjusted for inflation. Clearly Ledger's death wasn't the only reason TDK increased from Batman Begins even if we go based on your prediction for TDKR. Why would you predict anything higher than BB adjusted for inflation ($250m) if the Ledger effect truly was that large? Your own prediction for TDKR obliterates your "theory" about TDK's gross being $328m above BB solely because of Ledger's death.

Agreed.

To be totally honest here, I really don't see TDKR missing $500 million if the film lives up to these early comments about how pleased WB is. Think about it this way: even Dead Man's Chest and Revenge of the Sith adjust to over $450-475m today -- and that's without adding in an IMAX benefit. $500m really isn't a stretch for TDKR.

I really think we're going to see three films over $475m this year.

TA

TDKR

TH

So many T's... why do we have so many "The..." movies?

I bought the 155M OW at 161.8, so I'm good to go :D

True, Bought most my avengers stock at $400, so it's adjusting to roughly $540 off a $200M opening week, so I'm fine, but I'm greedy. :P

I think Ledger's death helped TDK but the fact is that people watched the movie and liked it. Unless TDKR is so dark and brooding that it turns people off, the Box Office environment is good enough for TDKR to exceed 400 million. Obviously, The Avengers is now the movie to beat this summer and not TDKR.

BOM is calling the movie "Marvel's the Avengers" in its charts.

Should we use this official title?

MTA anyone?

Ugh. I hate that title. As I said before, they apparently wanted to avoid any confusion with The Avengers film based on the TV series that came out in 1998. But I don't see one aspect of this film that is anywhere close to that one. Not one...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Oh right...

• Like 3

Red, I don't overanalyze box office like you and everyone else does.. It's pretty cut and dry.. No adjusted for inflation BS or not.. Bottom line is, is that if TDKR makes anything less, even considerably less than it's predecessor for as much as all of you have overhyped this franchise to death, then it's gonna be labeled a massive disappointment to the nth degree equally as much as all of you blasted SPIDER-MAN 3.. As a matter of fact, I'm calling it now: TDKR is the NEW SPIDER-MAN 3 of 2012 with Hardy as VENOM basically: A villain no one asked for..

That's fine. I'm predicting $425m for it and people would probably call that a massive disappointment, but I seriously doubt the suits at WB will be disappointed in that kind of money. As far as the movie's quality, I'm waiting to see it. In fact, I've been saying it could easily turn out to be SM3 quality. But at least I'm waiting to watch it before declaring it as such, unlike you.

Point is: For as much as all of you have hyped, hell, even overhyped TDKR being the Second Coming with Nolan descending from the heavens with a gold robe wrapped around him

Now, see, it's this sort of generalized broadbrush statement that really bugs me.