Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

No record.

The Record is gone, but 200 Million might be a little to high but again anything numbers coming out tonight I would take with a grain of salt after what happen last night. Wait until tomorrow morning.

Tony`s "kiss" line was perfection. And everyone had "I wanted to kiss you!" look on their faces.

Everyone is talking about the Hulk and rightfully so but it's clear RDJ acting wise was the anchor of this movie. Who would of thought 4 years ago when IM1 came out that he would really take this character this far. He had so many great lines. The whole Tony/Cap thing reminded me of what the Cyclopes/Wolverine chemistry should of been in the Xmen movies.

Everyone is talking about the Hulk and rightfully so but it's clear RDJ acting wise was the anchor of this movie. Who would of thought 4 years ago when IM1 came out that he would really take this character this far. He had so many great lines. The whole Tony/Cap thing reminded me of what the Cyclopes/Wolverine chemistry should of been in the Xmen movies.

I adore Tony. Hulk and Ruffalo were nice scene stealers but Tony carried the thing especially scenes with Cap who is still bland but at least there`s Tony to inject passion in him. RDJ is so effortless as Tony as if he is just being himself. Which of course he is. "What the hell?" that part was so well played. Also, what came before that and kiss was a great homage to Abyss.

Wait, what?OW record is no longer happening or a Saturday total record?

It's a joke. Yesterday, Nikki's early reports ended with the phrase "No record" after she threw out the 65-67M figure.Saturday, Sunday, and OW records are all happening

Also Good God at Samuel L Jackson. His Movies will have grossed over 10 Billion when his career is over. The man just knows how to pick movies. He is clearly the hardest working man in Hollywood. Yes as an actor he's becoming an caricature of himself but the fact is he's been in some of the Biggest Blockbusters of all time. He's also done some great artsy type films and even does straight to video. This man and his agent does not turn down a role. I thought Nic Cage was bad but Sam clearly has him beat on taking anything as far as roles. But it has paid off, now being in the Avengers, His Box Office Total will never be matched.

• Like 1

Guys it's not her fault. Her extrapolations suck, but it's clear that Disney's been lowballing in their early extrapolations. We saw that yesterday, as it wasn't Nikki alone spouting mid 60s, it was everyone. Same deal today. Gitesh will come out with a ~60M figure as well, because it's what Disney's reporting. Tomorrow morning, when they can make a more accurate estimate, it'll go up, and that's guaranteed. Then, they'll give a Sunday projection, based off historical trends. If this weekend's reporting is something to go by, they'll estimate a drop of just around 30%, maybe a tad bit higher, again, to stay conservative. The actual on Monday will end up being 45-50M.