Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

75 million means it will break Saturday record by some 24 million dollars. Come on, that is not happening. I think 10% increase is the max and it will most likely finish around 65 million dollars with an outside shot at 70 million.

Out of likes, so +1. Wouldn't mind it at all if it did something crazy though, just don't see it happening as of now.

Where is Rth? We need him give us a update. I trust him more than "no record" Finke.

The fact that Rth number came out to be true is pretty remarkable.This guy is a box office spy.

Also for those wondering if the Big Boxing match tonight will hurt it's evening numbers. The Fight doesn't start till 12am in the morning even though the event starts at 9pm so people will be home to watch the fight tonight if they catch the 7-9:30 shows.

Edited by filmscholar

The fact that Rth number came out to be true is pretty remarkable.This guy is a box office spy.

He's amazing. He just popped up, gave his two cents and popped back out.

75 million means it will break Saturday record by some 24 million dollars. Come on, that is not happening. I think 10% increase is the max and it will most likely finish around 65 million dollars with an outside shot at 70 million.

It can happen. Rallax is reporting that Saturday business at his theater is pretty much on pace to equal Friday (including midnight). Last night he was giving us reports from his theater and said there was no way it would come in at $65m. Sure enough that turned out to be $15m too low. I think we can't ignore how quickly WOM spreads today. It's way faster than it used to be. If a movie like this has insane WOM, it will filter out immediately and you will quickly start to see unusually great things happen in its daily numbers. Yes, even a day later is all it takes.

Does anyone else feel Hawkeye should of had a mask? I feel the goggles on Catwoman in TDKR would of been perfect as Hawkeye's mask, Regardless Jeremy did a great job:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Same here!

The mask gives a mysterious hero vibe...

I missed it.

This needs a 68-69M+ Saturday to keep the 200M OW hope alive. Even this morning I thought that was crazy talk but with these crowd reports that's looking like a very attainable number.

Again, you can't use BOM's figures for adjusting films anymore. It only works on a full year basis, not a single film basis. TDK adjusts to about 177.8M today, not 172.6M (that's completely wrong, it's using the average price from the fourth quarter of 2011)

Weird, 2011 = 7.93 and 2012 = 7.83 according to bom

I want a blu ray of this with the 45 minutes missing footage included, 10 hours making of in HD, a 2 hour Joss whedon interview and commentary.Is it just me or Summer 2013 doesn't have an Avengers, TDKR event type movie ???Maybe Man of Steel ...