Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

So the title of the thread will "erase" the friday part and put the saturday in place of?So long fridayfriend...

No. It will be created a new thread for the Saturday numbers.

BJ's got this at 21.27M tickets sold at 200M and that was prior to the 60% 3D share figure being released. This needs well over 200M to break the attendance record

$207m based on that ticket price. Very doable to be honest. If it can hit $75m today, it has a very strong chance of finishing at $210+ million for the weekend. Would "only" need a 26.67% drop on Sunday, which would be similar to SM1 and actually bigger than SM3's 22% drop.

I agree, especially that Hulk and Loki scene, amazing.

Hulk had too many funny scenes. People were balling every time he did something. Whedon gets the credit for bringing comic book Hulk to life. I am seeing it for the 3rd time on Sunday.
  • Like 1

Well im doing 3rd uni electrical engineering, im good with numbers too. But yeah he may be right207(0.6x[7.83/10.83] + 0.4) = 172.6m which is pretty much same as DK and SM3 adjusted.

No. It will be created a new thread for the Saturday numbers.

But didn't Shawn say some pages ago that all the weekend would be put in this thread?(it was written in blue i remember...)Forget the question! ;) Edited by Gideon

$207m based on that ticket price. Very doable to be honest. If it can hit $75m today, it has a very strong chance of finishing at $210+ million for the weekend. Would "only" need a 26.67% drop on Sunday, which would be similar to SM1 and actually bigger than SM3's 22% drop.

That would be out of this world number. Very similar to SM1 demolishing HP1. When are you seeing it again?

But didn't Shawn say some pages ago that all the weekend would be put in this thread?(it was written in blue i remember...)

Usually we always create a separated thread. It seems like this weekend will be different.We are witnessing history being written, so I agree with Shawn on having this as the main thread for everything.

That would be out of this world number. Very similar to SM1 demolishing HP1. When are you seeing it again?

I'm thinking maybe tomorrow morning. I want to try to see it at a theater in a different town. This one seems to always screw up the sound. The dialogue was a bit low in the speakers compared to everything else. I've noticed this trend at that particular theater. Had a very hard time hearing dialogue during Inception and went to this other theater in a different town and the audio was perfect. Hoping for the same thing this time with Avengers.

Well im doing 3rd uni electrical engineering, im good with numbers too. But yeah he may be right207(0.6x[7.83/10.83] + 0.4) = 172.6m which is pretty much same as DK and SM3 adjusted.

Again, you can't use BOM's figures for adjusting films anymore. It only works on a full year basis, not a single film basis. TDK adjusts to about 177.8M today, not 172.6M (that's completely wrong, it's using the average price from the fourth quarter of 2011)

75 million means it will break Saturday record by some 24 million dollars. Come on, that is not happening. I think 10% increase is the max and it will most likely finish around 65 million dollars with an outside shot at 70 million.