Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I get a warning from Neo for forgetting to use the spoiler tags. I did not appreciate that when he could have just told me in this thread, and others spoiled way worse and I'm sure they got nothing.Sure, maybe I shouldn't have called him a monotonous machine, but still.

I hate people who grass on other people, so small time.

I have a bunch of people on ignore but when some of those clowns say some shit about me that I see in another poster`s quote, I report their asses. I don`t talk to those morons so they`ll never get a response from me but mods need to know whose yapper should be permanently shut.

If it were from any other mod, I would be fine with it. But it came from Neo, and I still remember the only time on BOM he showed emotion when he was championing my ban.

If Marvel Studios got Spider-Man back, the world would explode. I'd rather see them get Fantastic Four back, since those have gotten the shaft in terms of movies. At least with X-Men, First Class was good. And with Spider-Man, the first two were good. Both Fantasic Four movies sucked.

I liked the first FF movie (mostly because of the great chemistry between Johnny and Ben), but the 2nd one was horrible to me. They actually found a way to screw up the Silver Surfer. :o I would love to see what Marvel could do with the FF.

PJ doesn't have a flawless track record.

Given how non-epic The Hobbit (book) is in comparison to LOTR, he might try too hard to make it look epic, and screw something up in the process.

You're scaring me.

I don't buy that. This is a superhero ending if there ever was one. A unique individual sacrificing his own reputation because it's the right thing to do. It is very much a comic book movie with an amazing ending.

All I hear about TDK is that it "transcends the genre"....which is saying it's not a comic book film. Joss Whedon even had a quote in response to that idea, "They always talk about transcending the genre and I don't believe in transcending the genre. I believe in the genre." --Joss Whedon

That's what's so cool about Avengers to me. Whedon is in no way ashamed to be associated with the genre. He elevated the genre instead of transcending it. I'm a little put off by the idea of a comic book movie that doesn't want to be seen as a comic book movie.

You're seriously obsessed. First of all, I never even mentioned TH. Secondly, who on earth is predicting TH to do AVATAR-like numbers? Show me one person.

Our resident Paul the Octopus Neo duh! Oh, don`t you worry, he doesn`t predict Avatar numbers for AUJ, just super insane huge one so that TABA can pass Avatar by the logic of last-movie-ever-that-happens-to-be-action-packed-outgrosses-part 1-by-a-large-margin. Edited by fishnets

You're seriously obsessed. First of all, I never even mentioned TH. Secondly, who on earth is predicting TH to do AVATAR-like numbers? Show me one person.

Fishnets has been acting weird for a few days now, her posts in the Prometheus thread make you scratch your head at times.

I'm just being realistic. Anyone thinking Ledger's death hadn't play a HUGE part on TDK's box office are fooling themselves. :(

I've never understood jokes like that. It's so heartless.

Yeah, take the most recently provided ticket prices, use the inflation factor to find out what the prices were in 2008 for 2D and IMAX. We have the IMAX OW figure for TDK, so we can find out the true # of tickets sold in 2D and in IMAX. Take those #s and multiply by current ticket price.

Yeah but the average ticket price today is slightly skewed higher because of 3D. That wasn't the case in 2008 for TDK. I think we can assume that The Avengers is pretty damn close to being the admissions champ and did not merely have 3D help it take the record like DH2 last year.

I'm a little put off by the idea of a comic book movie that doesn't want to be seen as a comic book movie.

I completely disagree with the notion that Nolan doesn't want his movies to be seen as comic book flicks. They are oozing with comic book characters and storylines.

Yeah but the average ticket price today is slightly skewed higher because of 3D. That wasn't the case in 2008 for TDK. I think we can assume that The Avengers is pretty damn close to being the admissions champ and did not merely have 3D help it take the record like DH2 last year.

Agree with this. It's very close, and it has a chance to take the admissions record if Sunday actuals increase enough. I think they'll increase by $5m, maybe more.

Yeah, but I'm not using those average ticket prices, I'm using the average current 2D and average IMAX price.http://consumerist.com/2011/05/analyst-box-office-shows-customers-are-tired-of-3d-high-ticket-prices.htmlThose, with inflation applied. Not BOM's average price (which is actually just the 2011 fourth quarter average).If it increases to 205M, I think you can definitively say it matched (and possibly topped) TDK in attendance, but is still short of SM3's 22M.

I have a bunch of people on ignore but when some of those clowns say some shit about me that I see in another poster`s quote, I report their asses. I don`t talk to those morons so they`ll never get a response from me but mods need to know whose yapper should be permanently shut.

You should report yourself then, your posts have been all over the place lately. :D

So I guess Jack... I loved Heath so much in A Knight's Tale and Brokeback Mountian that the only way I would venture to see TDK, a completely different genre, is because of his death as some sort of last goodbye? It makes no sense, you and anyone who makes that argument is clueless

I'm just being realistic. Anyone thinking Ledger's death hadn't play a HUGE part on TDK's box office are fooling themselves. :(

So if Borelando eats a poisonous mashroom, TH makes $500 mio OW? WB should take that risk.

Quite a few sellouts today. I have a feeling it's going to hit $55m, maybe higher for the Sunday actual.

Twitter is still very strong too. Maybe fudging wont be necessary at all.205mio would bury those rumors..

Can't wait until this argument is decided in July. You are a fool as is anyone to keep having this as a point

It is sad, but it is the truth. Ledger's death was what lead TDK to become this extremely overrated mess. Batman Begins is the best live action Batman movie, TDK is a turd with some bright moments and people keep having that movie as the best just because it made more bank. Sad, wrong but not even far from the truth.