Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I don't think you understand, mate. The Avengers has THE BEST word of mouth ever. Period. And it isn't going away. It isn't slowing down. And The Avengers final sequence is brilliant.

You can proceed keeping crying after that. :)

Ha ha what a load of rubbish, stop posting shite as fact please.
  • Like 1

I don't think you understand, mate. The Avengers has THE BEST word of mouth ever. Period. And it isn't going away. It isn't slowing down. And The Avengers final sequence is brilliant.You can proceed keeping crying after that. :)

Best WOM ever? Maybe in terms of total reach because of how accessible social media now is. But this is so naive to say TDK's WOM wasn't stronger ESP when it sold more overall tickets and had stellar holds we have yet to see week by week from TA. I don't cry, I just state facts thanks kid.

3D added that much to its gross? It beat them by almost 30m adjusted.

Not exactly. It's unwise to use BOM's adjusted figures as well. TDK adjusted is actually about 180M, not 172M as BOM reports. Now consider the fact that TA has IMAX 3D with ~$17 tickets and it beat TDK 20M adjusted, not 30M.However, I guess if we consider that TDK had a large IMAX share, it was probably closer to 21.6M than 22M, so it fell short of TDK's attendance by about .8M. Edited by spizzer

I think people are getting a little carried away. Sure, TA maybe has an outside chance at TITANIC (and even that's amazing!). But it doesn't have a chance at AVATAR (those insane winter legs just crush any summer film), and honestly, in terms of TDK, legs are weaker now than they were in '08. TA has an excellent chance of passing TA because its OW was so huge, but I think even a 3x multiplier would be an amazing achievement.

Tele, please, it`s laughable that TA`s shot at Avatar or Titanic is dismissed despite insane opening while sight unseen TH is expected to reach Avatar numbers just because it`s a prequel to LOTR which were 3 movies that didn`t go the way of Titanic and Avatar in their hayday. I`m really sick of double standard that always treats the Gelding`s Tolkien opus as the done deal while everything else isn`t a sure thing even when there`s some strong evidence that crazy shit is happening.

Avatar grossed 67? m in its third weekend under tough competiton and had one of the most ridiculous hold streaks seen since Titanic. It deserves #1 and will stay there comfortably imo

Avatars 3rd and especially the 4th weekend record (55mio iirc) will hold for a very long time, thats for sure.

Best WOM ever? Maybe in terms of total reach because of how accessible social media now is. But this is so naive to say TDK's WOM wasn't stronger ESP when it sold more overall tickets and had stellar holds we have yet to see week by week from TA. I don't cry, I just state facts thanks kid.

TDK's WOM is a piss ant next to Titanic. I would imagine the same will hold true for Avengers.

Not exactly. It's unwise to use BOM's adjusted figures as well. TDK adjusted is actually about 180M, not 172M as BOM reports. Now consider the fact that TA has IMAX 3D with ~$17 tickets and it beat TDK 20M adjusted, not 30M

Do you have a formula you use to figure this stuff out? TDK had IMAX as well. How did you get 180m?