Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

But that`s what baumer is tlaking about - that A+ cineascore and palatable insane WOM prevent TA from crumbling. I mena, Battleship and MIB3 are guaranteed to be rotten with poor WOM. So although they`ll take a bit of the audience on "lets see something else this week" basis, they won`t sever its legs.

School is still in and this had a lot of pent up demand. I consider factors outside of WOM even though it is a strong barometer

It's $650+ million with inflation and 3D I think.

Insane. Well, I don't think it goes higher than $650M or so, but I guess it is possible for it to reach that amount. But, I think this shows that Avatar most likely won't go down.

But that has nothing to do with me laughing at Avengers making $750m. It's $750m for an Avengers movie for goodness sake. No one thought that was possible. If it happens, I'll laugh because it's an absurd achievement. I laughed when Avatar made what it did and TDK made what it did.

I know, i was mistaken, sorry bud.

Insane. Well, I don't think it goes higher than $650M or so, but I guess it is possible for it to reach that amount. But, I think this shows that Avatar most likely won't go down.

If you give it TDK's 3.36 multiplier, it reaches $672m. Now if it pulls off something even higher than that, I think the world will end. :lol:

The film had 10x legs, unheared of in this day and age, people loved the film and you are in the minority.

Well, obviously. I don't have a grudge against it or anything, but I consider myself a Cameron fan and was quite disappointed by the story. The guy has an effectively unlimited budget and the best technology in the game and he does a Fern Gully remake. But whatever, this isn't about Avatar.

How feasible is 600m anyway?It would be very tough. TDK is going down though. For sure.

take it this way - if Disney thinks it`s doable, they`ll make it happen. After all, they really wanted Tangled to pass $200 mio and it got there with an obvious fudge but that`s what we BOT buffs know and no one esle. So if TA gets within a range, they`ll close the gap with dollar theaters, groupons, so-and-so character birthday theater expansion,Puerto Rico, etc.

take it this way - if Disney thinks it`s doable, they`ll make it happen. After all, they really wanted Tangled to pass $200 mio and it got there with an obvious fudge but that`s what we BOT buffs know and no one esle. So if TA gets within a range, they`ll close the gap with dollar theaters, groupons, so-and-so character birthday theater expansion,Puerto Rico, etc.

Imaz rereelease they find ways. Free give away at theaters for kids. Like get a special edition Avengers toy.

Yeah. There was a quote earlier in this thread that said The Avengers is going to do what Spider-Man 3 would have done if it didn't suck and not have Shrek and Pirates on the schedule + 3D. In other words: Massive BO gross.

How cool sounds this alternate universe.

May 07 was torn by 3 big movies.

May 12 will be embraced by 1 big movie.

I still never understood the people who say this. Most of my friends haven't read the books but understand the films very well.But, whatever.Commence ddddeeee and him echoing what you said.

You are so bitchy today just because you didn`t like the movie. Please do us a favor and have a meltdown like baumer over THG. That was super entertaining.

I'm almost starting to feel like the Potter series is underrated. I swear, they're blockbusters that care about characters and plot more than any action scenes.

Don`t worry, HP is a classic series that won`t go out of fashion anytime soon.

Indeed. Avatar's legs are insane to the max.

yes they are. Titanic`s were just as insane or insaner. Nobody disputes that. We are just speculating that given insane first few weeks advantage, TA has a shot of getting there with more normal legs.

Speaking as an Avengers fanboy, the target should be TDK. While it would be cool to see it take down Avatar, summer legs are never as good as those over the holidays. Titanic is possible but not likely, especially with the re-release boosting its gross.