Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

With it now being withdrawn from IMAX next weekend I expect an announcement very soon stating that it will be withdrawn from all other theatres as of Thursday night.

From Gitesh:

:

Source tells me #Avengers stronger than projected SUN. About $57M dipping only 17% from SAT, $206M wknd!

They're gonna be counting money all day. Sunday went late into the night. and yeah. Rth is the man.

They're gonna be counting money all day. Sunday went late into the night. and yeah. Rth is the man.

I know it probably isn't the final number but he just posted that like 2 minutes ago :P

From Gitesh:

:

Source tells me #Avengers stronger than projected SUN. About $57M dipping only 17% from SAT, $206M wknd!

I think I found his "source":

sunday will definetly be over 55mil 57 probably low end, actuals will be out in a few hours there will be a few adjustments across all days.

I know it probably isn't the final number but he just posted that like 2 minutes ago :P

Oh yeah i know. I follow him on Twitter and I saw the same thing. I'm just thinking out loud about this incredible weekend. Watching unfold was fascinating.

206 mill and a 17% drop is insane. That is a better Sunday hold than Spiderman 3. Is 100 mill really possible next weekend?

I can't believe this has a chance at a 100mil second weekend, i always expected the film to be much bigger than the Iron Man, Hulk, Thor films etc but i didn't think the gross would go up this much just because they were now all in one film.

206 mill and a 17% drop is insane. That is a better Sunday hold than Spiderman 3. Is 100 mill really possible next weekend?

Yep