75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

I expected 22% so I'll take 24%. Rth hit the range of 22-27% he gave us last night perfectly. Let's see if Thursday can stay flat. 100m+ is still looking guys, so we can all relax. :)

all of us except RTX

How certain is 100m for the second weekend at this point?

I'd say it's pretty certain to hit that number. The Friday increases from years past on the second week of may support it.

I'm usually on the conservative side, but if it hits 100 mill second weekend and ends the weekend at 370 mill, 600 seems pretty simple to attain.

Don't know how much stock Box Office Guru has on these forums, but BOG predicts something around a 52-53% drop for a $98 million weekend.http://www.boxoffice...com/weekend.htm

After its record-shattering opening weekend, The Avengers has been holding up incredibly well during the week and will have no problem claiming the number one spot once again breaking more records in the process. Fans are loving the super hero saga and the 3D is giving the numbers a jolt. Another 3D action tentpole, 2009's Avatar, holds the record for the best gross ever for a film's second weekend with $75.6M during the Christmas holiday frame that year. And The Dark Knight holds the speed record for breaking the $350M mark in 14 days. Avengers should crush those industry records too by the time this weekend comes to an end on the tenth day of its release.Many IMAX venues will - reluctantly - be switching to Dark Shadows or splitting the screen with the Depp vehicle thereby reducing the grossing potential of those screens this weekend. But the conventional 2D and 3D screens will still be selling out from coast to coast with grosses that most summer tentpoles never see on the opening weekend. Look for a drop of a little more than 50% which would put Avengers at roughly $98M for the Friday-to-Sunday period pumping the ten-day cume up to a record $370M on its way to $550M or even more.

I think The Avengers will stay flat today. If it does, its 13.5m Thursday will have retained 71% of its Monday gross. SM1 retained 67% of its Monday gross on its first Thursday. SM1 increased 166% on Friday. Now given The Avengers is more frontloaded and appears to be a little more weekday heavy. But a 150% increase tomorrow is not out of the cards.

Put me in the 400 million second weekend club.

a 200% increase from weekend to weekend, that's quite a bold claim ;)Edit: Oy, I can't type today :PObviously didn't mean 200%, but around 100%. Yes I know it is in the 90's actually :P Edited by 75live