hasanahmad

Monday Actuals Box Office 5/15/2012 . Avengers 7.9 DS 2.3

It needs better weekday drops to get to $600 million.

Not really. The summer weekdays will be here soon and you have a very big holiday coming out in ten days. TA will eventually, imo, start to trend more towards Spiderman than Iron Man 2. IM2 lost steam because the wom eventually began to kill it. TA shouldn't lose steam, it will pick it up as it goes.

It's definitely a weekend movie so the Monday number doesn't really surprise me. For all we know it could still have a 35% drop this weekend (not saying it will, but that's the kind of weekend movie it is).

Edited by MovieMan89

"What kind of increases do you see on the weekend? 150% Fri, 50% Sat and -30% Sund?"More around 25% for Sunday...The film benefits from any boost from Sunday (Mothers day, Victoria Day Long weekend)I think there is no doubt last Monday and Tuesday were hugely inflated...Should end up around 457 million by the end of the weekend + 715 million overseas.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Not really. The summer weekdays will be here soon and you have a very big holiday coming out in ten days. TA will eventually, imo, start to trend more towards Spiderman than Iron Man 2. IM2 lost steam because the wom eventually began to kill it. TA shouldn't lose steam, it will pick it up as it goes.

I concur. Also, none of the impending releases seem to be generating much buzz, save Prometheus. Edited by YoursTruly

Has anyone mentioned that the weekdays are probably inflated?Mother's Day, an inflated day, was Sunday.So either the movies experience drops on Tuesday or they have a good week and low Friday increases. Happened before. Many times.

Just checked. Yeah, i agree, all movies in the top 10 have a very good week-to-week drop (around 26%). I doubt they can sustain it throughout the week and into the weekend. Avengers might do a little less than i anticipated in the coming days... Edited by Elessar

:angry: I am not a hater, I hope TA performs well,too.

He's just trying to bad mouth me, don't worry. I think that everything THE AVENGERS is doing is insane and deserving of every penny, let's hope it has the Earth's mightiest legs.:lol: