AniNate

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - 6/8/2012

Madagascar 2 in 2D made 603m WW.Madagascar 3 in 3D could make more than 700m WW.It will be huge in Europe, and it will have a big increase in Asia and Latin Ameirca too.

Or it could pull a KFP2 and underperform even where OS is concerned. I just don't see the interest being there at all for this. Especially compared to its competitor animated sequel Ice Age 4. I think that could destroy any momentum this would potentially have for success. That will be massive OS, and I think pretty big DOM as well.

This is going to drop big time, just like Wrath. Nobody asked for this. I'm amazed the thread even has 10 pages.

It would be the only way that Dreamworks could stop making all these sequels, they stated, months ago, that there will be 4 Madagascar films, 6 Kung Fu Pandas and 3 How To Train Your Dragons Edited by Bryan

There won't be six KFP films now. They might get a trilogy out of it.

Depends on how well the third does in China. Now that KFP movies will be produced in China (so the Studio's share will be high), and it could very well do 150M+ there, I think we might get more.Also other Asian markets will keep increasing. KFP2 did $5M+ in India, KFP3 may do 10M.

Depends on how well the third does in China. Now that KFP movies will be produced in China (so the Studio's share will be high), and it could very well do 150M+ there, I think we might get more.Also other Asian markets will keep increasing. KFP2 did $5M+ in India, KFP3 may do 10M.

If KFP3 would be released in 2015, it would make about 300m in China, about 500m in Asia. B)

After the release of Madagascar 3, there won't be a dreamworks animation sequel until How to train your dragon 2 in Summer 2014 and they intend to release 3 NEW movies in 2013.They are crazy to produce at such a pace.Jeffrey Katzenberg is on fire it seems.It means he can pull out 1 billion dollars from banks.Crazy.

Edited by The Futurist

Funny anecdote- I walked past a group of elementary-aged girls today who were all singing the circus afro bit from the trailer. I was taken back a little. Maybe they all The Lorax and really liked the Madagascar trailer. No idea.