Neo

Gods of Egypt | Feb 26, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I wonder what Roger Ebert would think of this, since he was a huge fan of Alex Proyas but passionate crusader against whitewashing

No one gave a damn about the Whitewashing issue except the Social Justice Warriors. The film flopped because it was a bad film.

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I wonder what Roger Ebert would think of this, since he was a huge fan of Alex Proyas but passionate crusader against whitewashing

No one gave a damn about the Whitewashing issue except the Social Justice Warriors. The film flopped because it was a bad film.

Ebert did, though. He railed against The Last Airbender for it.

Critics are a bunch of middle aged white male sheep with the same references and educational backgrounds and a hive mind mentality.

Breaking News Alex ?

Think not.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

Proyas shot his career in the foot bigtime with that rant.

Guess he did not see what happened with Josh Trank......

Josh trank didnt rant after movie release. Didnt say anything against critics.

Whatever he had to say he did in a tweet on the day f4 released. And unlike GOE, everyone knows that f4 was hijacked by the studios and turned into something which it never was envisioned to be. It's an incomplete movie with reshoots done by the committe. But ya josh is also responsible for that mess. Should have left the project before cameras rolled when he knew the studio was yanking out set pieces and making too many changes in the script. 

Edited by marveldcfox

Trank's tweet was an attack against his own studio. This reads like Proyas is having a tantrum against the critics of his movie (is it really worth defending though?).

Either way it's hilarious.

Edited by cookie

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

Proyas shot his career in the foot bigtime with that rant.

Guess he did not see what happened with Josh Trank......

This is not the same thing. Trank attacked the studio. Proyas did no such thing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

No one gave a damn about the Whitewashing issue except the Social Justice Warriors. 

+1. Not sure why SJW's care so deeply about something that Egyptians themselves don't mind. Saw the movie with my Egyptian (Arab) girlfriend and she didn't seem to have any problem with the so called "whitewashing". FWIW Arabs are classified as caucasians too so I don't get what the fuss is all about. 

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I was just wondering the other day when/if we'll see form Trank again

He still made a cheap hit in CHRONICLE, he will be able to keep making movies if he wants to. (But from the sound of it, he may not actually want to)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I was just wondering the other day when/if we'll see form Trank again

He still made a cheap hit in CHRONICLE, he will be able to keep making movies if he wants to. (But from the sound of it, he may not actually want to)

Really? Where did you read that?

I feel new today, reborn.

There is a before and after this movie.

I know what s important in life.

Listen to this kids :

A magnificent pair of Bewbs (Magnificent, I really mean it) is worth fighting Egyptian GOD Gerald Butler trying to conquer the World with a Batshit crazy scheme.

This movie is Life, Love and everything in between.

We are not worthy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I feel new today, reborn.

There is a before and after this movie.

I know what s important in life.

Listen to this kids :

A magnificent pair of Bewbs (Magnificent, I really mean it) is worth fighting Egyptian GOD Gerald Butler trying to conquer the World with a Batshit crazy scheme.

This movie is Life, Love and everything in between.

We are not worthy.

Finally someone understands me. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed it, Proyas is no hack at all, he built a fully realized world, the movie is very generous, plenty of action, sets, monsters It was really spectacular.

There are truly astonishing stuff visually in this movie even if it is totally over the top, it s bold and crazy.

Butler gave absolutely no fucks and Geoffrey Rush Oh My God, he was amazing in this, fully committed to his part.

The heroes were a bit bland but did their work.

The women in this were amazing, who are these girls ?

Courtney Eaton, yes please.

e21ef8f3ec95187a49ede0b4aa45fef7.jpg

Dear Lord.

And Elodie Yung was great as well, the best character of the movie.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

This is the kind of movie that I'd never go out of my way to watch but fully expect to actually enjoy once I get to watching it.

Do people really think the whole whitewashing controversy really didn't affect its BO? I'm not so sure. Didn't the studio go quiet with the marketing for a time there while the controversy was at its peak? I think it's just a case of people forming their opinions before they actually saw the movie. Plus the whole "hating CGI is cool" mindset didn't help it much.