Neo

Gods of Egypt | Feb 26, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is just that good. Believe me.

If in the movie

Spoiler

Gerard Butler has defeated the heroes and is giving an epic hammy villain monologue and then suddenly gets eaten by the space slug being rode by Geoffrey Rush coming out of nowhere

then that might make this the best film of the year no contest

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

If in the movie

Hide contents

Gerard Butler has defeated the heroes and is giving an epic hammy villain monologue and then suddenly gets eaten by the space slug being rode by Geoffrey Rush coming out of nowhere

then that might make this the best film of the year no contest

Unfortunately that doesn't happen :( 

Spoiler

But there is a giant Geoffrey Rush that saves the day by attacking the giant space slug with the fire of the sun after Jamie Lannister kills Butler and makes him bleed gold all over the place (yes, Gods have gold on their veins in this movie, and the Earth is flat (one side is Earth, the other side in the land of the dead) while Rush drives a space boat with the Sun chained on it). But there is so much more to discover. There is also lots of hammy Butler monologues. 

The all around bad editing to the point where they use 2D static images where there are actors as background. :wub:

• Like 1

Oh, and by the way guys, the plan of the Gerard Butler character is INSANE and hilarious.

Spoiler

After killing Rush, Butler plans to consume the giant space slug (which is actually a demon) by defeating him into the waters of the Nile (and in this way he can drink the water and consume the monster) to unleash chaos, unite both worlds (dead and living), make him immortal and rule supreme forever. 

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Unfortunately that doesn't happen :( 

Hide contents

But there is a giant Geoffrey Rush that saves the day by attacking the giant space slug with the fire of the sun after Jamie Lannister kills Butler and makes him bleed gold all over the place (yes, Gods have gold on their veins in this movie, and the Earth is flat (one side is Earth, the other side in the land of the dead) while Rush drives a space boat with the Sun chained on it). But there is so much more to discover. There is also lots of hammy Butler monologues. 

The all around bad editing to the point where they use 2D static images where there are actors as background. :wub:

:rofl:

RT is being extra creative with the consensus.

Look on Gods of Egypt, ye filmgoers, and despair! Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of this colossal wreck, boundless and bare. The lone and level sands stretch far away. (Apologies to Shelley.)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gods_of_egypt/

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Looking forward to this one. It may does look goofy as hell and feature a story beyond silly, but that doesn't necessarily means it will fail to entertain me. As long as it plays in the same league as Immortal or Clash/Wrath of the Titans or even I, Frankenstein (yes, I actually liked that one) I'm fine (though I tend to dislike bad CGI such as featured in 47 Ronin e.g.). Still have to wait until April 21st though, when it hits the theaters around here. Given they won't cancel the release due to disasterous BO figures in a panic. But then again, even 47 Ronin played on german screens and Victor Frankenstein still has it's adamant release date for May. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by incognitoo