MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

I'm going to see JC on the day it comes out on rental. I want to witness the biggest failure of all time with my own eyes.

I will rent it to... It needs to be seen...

Yea, I expected a pretty "blah" movie going in. My expectations were definitely met. The sad part (to me) is that the cast wasn't to blame. I like Kitsch, I like Neeson, and I even like Decker. The story was just an absolutely uninspired mess. I enjoyed Berg's work on Hancock and The Rundown, but he needs to leave the Michael Bay movies to Michael Bay in my opinion. I had a hard time finding any redeeming qualities in Battleship (and I say that as an unashamed fan of Bay and all of the Transformers movies, even ROTF despite its flaws). The production designs, maybe? But even those were cheapened with some awful CGI.

We need to set higher standarts when we go to the movie's Shawn :PPut it thru a filter first... I even doubt i will see this on BR...

It could very possibly miss $600m if it keeps this new trend of staying close to Iron Man 2's drops. IM2 pulled a 2.94x multiplier from its second weekend. If Avengers does hold to this new pattern, it would top out with (a still astounding) $572m-ish total.Will the trend hold? Hard to say. I certainly expected a third weekend over $60 million, and I'm not entirely convinced that $58-60m won't still happen. Just as well, MIB3 being the only new release next week puts Avengers in a great position for a stellar Memorial Day hold.

I agree, but then again I trust in this movie's WOM and the family movie aspect of it. Memorial weekend should show great numbers and after the summer and school break come, I see this getting insanely great legs. I think baumer's prediction of $625m is an accurate one, but I'm standing with my $616m prediction just because it's a cool number.

I agree, but then again I trust in this movie's WOM and the family movie aspect of it. Memorial weekend should show great numbers and after the summer and school break come, I see this getting insanely great legs. I think baumer's prediction of $625m is an accurate one, but I'm standing with my $616m prediction just because it's a cool number.

It needs to cross 600 mill..It just has to make it....

My newly renewed faith in humanity caused by the failure of BS will be crushed next week when Men in Black 3 makes an assload of money..

It may fall under 10 mill

I think it will. It will get close to 600M and Disney will make sure the milestone is achieved, one way or another.

I think and hope so too

You went pretty drunk right :P

Nope, bright and early this morning. And here's the thing, I hate the trailers, had a bad attitude going in and was sure I wouldn't like it. But it's nothing like i thought it would be. It's just fun.

• Founder / Operator

I feel the complete opposite of Shawn about BS....a 100% pure adrenaline fueled action film. I loved it.

Our first disagreement of the summer ... excellent. :flamewar: Edited by ShawnMR