MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

According to BOM, "The Avengers and Transformers Trilogy" are the KING of Alien Invasion movies. I'd argue "ID4" is the real champ but that's another debate. The sad part is Battleship will end up way down the list.

• Founder / Operator

According to BOM, "The Avengers and Transformers Trilogy" are the KING of Alien Invasion movies. I'd argue "ID4" is the real champ but that's another debate. The sad part is Battleship will end up way down the list.

Nothing sad about that, IMHO. :P
  • Like 1

It's hard to be even remotely disappointed with the Avengers run now.

Its the usual suspects, playing up expectations with wildly optimistic numbers. Good chance that atleast a few will fall for that trap and end up disappointed. I mean one of the previous threads I saw Avenger's legs being compared to Avatar. :bash:

I don't think anyone is disappointed. Anywhere this lands this weekend, from $50m to impossibles $70m, it's an astounding success. The way I see it, there's just no way this could not surpass $600m before the run is over, the 3rd most grossing movie ever is locked for TA. It's a brilliant movie that deserves every single penny it's making, the box office is only the consequence.

• Founder / Operator

I don't think anyone is disappointed. Anywhere this lands this weekend, from $50m to impossibles $70m, it's an astounding success. The way I see it, there's just no way this could not surpass $600m before the run is over, the 3rd most grossing movie ever is locked for TA. It's a brilliant movie that deserves every single penny it's making, the box office is only the consequence.

It could very possibly miss $600m if it keeps this new trend of staying close to Iron Man 2's drops. IM2 pulled a 2.94x multiplier from its second weekend. If Avengers does hold to this new pattern, it would top out with (a still astounding) $572m-ish total.Will the trend hold? Hard to say. I certainly expected a third weekend over $60 million, and I'm not entirely convinced that $58-60m won't still happen. Just as well, MIB3 being the only new release next week puts Avengers in a great position for a stellar Memorial Day hold. Edited by ShawnMR

For lack of a better word...yes.

I was going to see it.. I stood in line... For 10 min..And i just changed my mind. I knew it was going to suck balls..Why go thru this torture if you know it in advance?

• Founder / Operator

Shawn, did you ever see John Carter? I probably scared you off from commenting on it with my incessant fanboyism.

:lol:I saw it opening weekend, actually.

I was going to see it.. I stood in line... For 10 min..And i just changed my mind. I knew it was going to suck balls..Why go thru this torture if you know it in advance?

Minus points for even standing in line for BS. :P

• Founder / Operator

Yea, I expected a pretty "blah" movie going in. My expectations were definitely met. The sad part (to me) is that the cast wasn't to blame. I like Kitsch, I like Neeson, and I even like Decker. The story was just an absolutely uninspired mess. I enjoyed Berg's work on Hancock and The Rundown, but he needs to leave the Michael Bay movies to Michael Bay in my opinion. I had a hard time finding any redeeming qualities in Battleship (and I say that as an unashamed fan of Bay and all of the Transformers movies, even ROTF despite its flaws). The production designs, maybe? But even those were cheapened with some awful CGI. Edited by ShawnMR