MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

A reporter asks Taylor Kitsch if Peter Berg is at fault. Kitsch wearing big oversized sunglasses starts to cry uncontrollably: "That's my director man. That's my director man."

Wow! This is going to be endless. So many funny quotes to choose from.How about this one...maybe a bit more obscure because it's hockey but:Avengers to Battleship after it's lame attempt to over take it for number one:"Oh you're gone....you're gone and you know it."Battleship embarrassed replies: " Have another donut you fat pig!"http://bleacherreport.com/articles/121503-jim-schoenfeld-have-another-donut

So...I wonder what will be considered the bigger bomb in later years: John Carter or Battleship? I feel sorry for Kitsch since the films weren't his fault as much as reckless and partially moronic producers spending way too much money on incredibly risky projects. Battleship had the opposite problem of John Carter: great marketing for an incredibly stupid idea as opposed to a great story with incredibly stupid marketing.

It'll be interesting to see whether MIB3 will be able to capitalize on everything except Avengers disappointing this month. Will Smith was the biggest star on the planet four years ago, but we've seen twice this year alone what happens when we get a sequel to a predecessor with shitty WOM. The marketing has seems to be inspiring less than enthusiastic responses as well, so I'm leaning towards another disappointing performance ATM.Shouldn't we wait until we get Friday numbers before we start proclaiming what Avengers can't do tomorrow?

Yea, but the reply was to a post asking if TA's Saturday could be bigger than BS's opening weekend. The answer NO, that's impossible.

When I was in middle school, they showed a finnish movie, where a bunch of pigs were shot on camera, while they were trying to run away and squealed in terror. it was pretty unsettling.

Ok, maybe we can lay off the animal abuse stories. It's not my favourite subject.

When I was in middle school, they showed a finnish movie, where a bunch of pigs were shot on camera, while they were trying to run away and squealed in terror. it was pretty unsettling.

Babe: the snuff cut?

oops

I abandon the topic too.

Edited by Gideon

So...I wonder what will be considered the bigger bomb in later years: John Carter or Battleship? I feel sorry for Kitsch since the films weren't his fault as much as reckless and partially moronic producers spending way too much money on incredibly risky projects. Battleship had the opposite problem of John Carter: great marketing for an incredibly stupid idea as opposed to a great story with incredibly stupid marketing.

John Carter definitely, it will have a lower gross and its production budget was bigger. When you add in marketing budget, John Carter's losses are even greater because Disney spent boatloads to advertise it. I'm sure they've recovered from all their Avengers hay but John Carter was a costly flop.

There's still a chance, but the best career route might be star in some smaller films and as part of an ensemble.

This is so sad, I figured the teen market was going to support Battleship and The Dictator but it seems people still want to watch the Avengers. I'm not very happy with May outside of the Avengers. Looks like MIB3 is the last hope to save May outside of what The Avengers has done.

Kitcsh was never relied on to sell the film though...he's just the guy in it, so it's not going to hurt him at all.

This is so sad, I figured the teen market was going to support Battleship and The Dictator but it seems people still want to watch the Avengers. I'm not very happy with May outside of the Avengers. Looks like MIB3 is the last hope to save May outside of what The Avengers has done.

Kind of sad and sort of humorous at the same time that MIB is going to be the film to finally knock TA out of it's number one slot.

Kitcsh was never relied on to sell the film though...he's just the guy in it, so it's not going to hurt him at all.

Yeah, but it's still hysterical that he happens to star in the two biggest bombs of the year. That stigma will follow him btw. No more tentpoles in his future.