MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

Can we say that Cohen as-a-comical-lead days are over or does he have another project ready?

No cause Cohen has more of a cult-like fan base who love his humor. "The Dictator" may flop on the Big Screen but will be huge on Home Video. I was shocked to see him in "Hugo", that was a different role for him. Overall I think his comedy might be stale for America Audiences, but I could see "The dictator" having a pretty good overseas gross just like "Borat and Bruno" did. The Budget was so high cause they shot it in New York, I'm sure a lot of those permits cost. Plus it seems like he's traveling to a lot of countries in this. Edited by filmscholar

Yeah, but it's still hysterical that he happens to star in the two biggest bombs of the year. That stigma will follow him btw. No more tentpoles in his future.

So true so true.

He needs to "refresh" his Hollywood image or something.

2 failures in 2 months.

At least, A guy like Orlando Bloom had the benefits/good spotlights of LOTR or POTC before failing by himself in KingdomofHeaven or Elizabethtown.

Kitsch exploded on the "ignition" phase.

If your going to flop, flop hard. Which is kind of a shame, I have a real soft spot for anyone associated with Friday Night Lights.

Edited by DAR

Considering that the numbers are true...I think that Borat was the exeption to the rule. It's really edgy and weird for large audience and it was a huge surprise that it became so successful. With Bruno and The Dictator (from the looks of it) things are pretty normal if you think about it. He plays really edgy and out-there characters, his humor is beyond politically incorrent. I don't think that he can maintain a mainstream audience.If the 65m budget is true then it's completely ridiculous. OS markets will probably be much bigger but it still is a stupid idea to cost that much.Battleship is a flop if the numbers stay like that. OS numbers aren't good enough to save it. Looked bad from the beginning if you ask me.What to Expect is doing ok (but i don't know the budget to be certain). And The Avengers is just a phenomenon.

I'm sorry but these numbers are on the lower end for all the movies. 12 million TD, low 50s TA, 15 for WTE and 30 for BTSHP are just about the worst case scenario numbers.

Fits with her "bombs away" theme. Nikki's not much better than Yahoo! News. They report whatever gets hits then retract it or report the other side when no one cares to look.